Terrible experience to get iEAd in LA

Hardlife

Registered Users (C)
I filed Employment based I-765 for my wife in Febuary and have not got the receipt until now. I have tried to call BCIS, to send fax to them even write to their superviser, I did not get any response. That is not the main story I want to talk here. I tracked the money order I payed for the I-765 petition and found out case number. RD is in march , 2003. Then I calculated 90 days before I let my wife to go to LA local BCIS center. The first day she arrived there at 5am. Around 10:30, one officer came out and announced the end of ticket for I-765 on that particular day. But she was allowed to enter the hall to get a consultation. According to a officer, with all the sopporting material, if she could come earlier, she would be issued an IEAD. So, my wife arrived the center at 11:30pm in the evening and crawled whole night in front of the office before it was opened at 6:00am one day afer the day she first came to the center. But she was refused to be issued the iEAD with no sound explaination. According to the officer in charge of her case, the EAD should be issued in Laguna but not LA. What a terrible story!

I am confused about the decision of the officer. I wonder there must be a rule or law to stipulate in what situation the interim EAD can be issued and in what situation not. I called the national service center, one officer tell me LA local office can make decision themselves.

I do not mind to wait and it is understandable to make some errors due to vast number of cases backlogged. What scared me is there is no standard during this agony process.

By the way, is there anyone applying for iEAD in LA? What is the result? Looking forward to hearing suggestions from guys in the same boat.

My wife did this a year ago and she got iEAD the 3rd time, but If she wants the EAD she should try again ,may be she will get a different officer.

i recently applied for my iead also in LA after lining there for 2 days. i know that in LA they do not issue iead unless you have an approved i140. i noticed they usually ask for a copy of the i140 approval unlike last year where they only request for a copy of the i485 receipt otherwise they could refuse giving you an iead. also another reason why they could refuse an iead is if they see that laguna niguel already approved the case and has not just issued the card then they will ask you to wait for your actual ead card. hope this info helps.

with I-140 approved notice

I appreciate your prompt response, Desidoc and carmina locsin. I do have I-140 approved but as I mentioned I did not get receipts for I-485 and I-765 but copy of money order. I would like to know if in a few week(s), I try to get the receipts, is it guranteed to be issued IEAD? Thank you guys again for your suggestions and comments.

Your wife can also try at Santa ana office. U dont need to wait a few weeks . Let her try again if she needs the EAD badly.