Tentative Feb 2004 Chennai CP Interview

prash57

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Thought we could get a jump start on discussions/interation among the ppl who might have a tentative Feb 2004 interview in chennai...
The list will come out around the 15th of Jan , and hopefully we should have a head start by then

Here's my info...

prash57 :
------------------
Category : EB2
Consulate : Chennai
Date case was forwarded to consulate : Dec 3, 2003
Current Location : Houston

prash:

FYI..Although the Feb list will be published arounf 1/15-1/16, if you like you could call the consulate mid next week to find out your cp interview date! Normally by end of the the first week of the month the interview dates are finalized and then published by 15th of that month for next month!

For detailed requirements what to carry and so on you can refer this link:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

Date case was forwarded to consulate : Dec 1, 2003
Current Location : West

I expect the EB2 and EB1 interviews to be on Feb 18 for the month of Feb '04. Let's see.

I have seen couple of other likely Feb, Chennai CP candidates in CP tracker.

Guys,

My Case was forwarded to Chennai Consulate on 1st Dec.
Here are my details:

Date case was forwarded to consulate : Dec 1, 2003
Current Location : India

I think by this time, consulate people have prepared the list for Feb.
I have observed from Jan 1st, the Appointments page is not working properly on chennai site. It shows no appts for Jan (It used to show before 1st) and for next month, it shows Jan 2005 as the month. Do they notice such mistakes?

Hi,
I am new to this forum. Where did you find the "Date case was forwarded to consulate " ? :confused: :confused:
We have got a mail from our attorney that I-140 is approved on Dec 8th. Is this the date you were referring ?
Please somebody help me.
Thanks.

ChennaiPal,

Which consulate do you belong to?

"Case forwarded to consulate" -> This is the date on which NVC (National Visa Center in USA) has forwarded the case to Consulate after completing its administrative review.

Since you have only completed your I140, still there is time for you to get to this stage. Your case has to be created by NVC, you have to get packet 3 from NVC, Pay processing fees, fill packet 3 and send them to NVC. Then NVC has to do a review. Please follow this forum's threads to understand the complete process flow. Also look at www.cptracker.com to get an an idea of all stages.

Check with your attorney to find out when is he/she proceeding with your packet 3. (He has to do the required things prior to this)

Its Chennai. We lived in US for 4 years, came back to India (some personal commitments). Getting the GC done thru EB1, CP.
Thanks for the reply and information. I will follow the thread, just by any chance : anybody in the same boat?

chennaipal:

as suggested by cpzinga follow cptracker.com for detailed steps from i-140 approval to cp approval. Based n past trends, you can expect to get an interview in about 6-9 months from the date of approval of your i-140. General average is 7 months!

Thanks KD ! I did an entry into CPtracker. I have one more doubt. How do we know all the dates (eg: NVC RD, NVC case created etc). Do we have to goto BCIS site and keep on checking ?
After getting GC (i mean appearing for interview and getting thru it), how long can we stay in India ? in other words by when do we need to enter US ?

How do we know all the dates (eg: NVC RD, NVC case created etc). Do we have to goto BCIS site and keep on checking ?

A: Dates like NVC RD, NVC Case Created, Fee Bill Issues, Fee Received, Case Under Review, Review Completed Date, Case Forwarded to Consulate Date etc can be checked by calling NVC auto voice message system / phone (1 603 334 0700). You can also talk to an operator. BCIS doesn't deal with this as your case will be reviewed by NVC. As soon as case is created at NVS, You will be given a case number. (Since you are from chennai consulate, you will get a case number like MDRYYYYXXXXX. (YYYY is year field). Also NVC keeps updating your attorney.

After getting GC (i mean appearing for interview and getting thru it), how long can we stay in India ? in other words by when do we need to enter US ?
A: 6 months. Within six months after interview, you have to enter USA.

chennaipal:

How do we know all the dates (eg: NVC RD, NVC case created etc). Do we have to goto BCIS site and keep on checking ?
Answer: Call NVC at 603 334-0700 in about 2 weeks after your I-140 approval and keep your I-140 tracking number (EAC/ LIN ...number) ready to get your CP case number and other details.

Answer: Within 180 days from the date of approval of gc one should enter usa soil.

find out interview dates by calling/emainling ??

Anyone had any luck in finding out the exact interview dates in Feb04 ??

kd1403 mentioned earlier that the list comes out this week even though the list is published only around 15th of Feb.. Also I was reading in the Mumbai Jan Interview thread , and someone mentioned that the dates are scheduled by teh 4th,5th of the month and they send out the Pkt4.. Dates gets published arnd the 15th and the Pkt4 should be received withint the next 2 weeks...

Was thinkin abt emailing ChennaiConsulate and asking abt the dates..

prash57,

I have called Chennai consulate to find out my status / appt schedule. The lady has asked me to call next week to find out.
She asked for my case number and asked me to call next week.
I think though the list might have been prepared for feb, i think they haven't yet finalized and sent packet 4's.

If possible, you can also try to call or send an email...

Sent e-mail to Chennai and reply received to check back on Jan 14.SOmeone pl. try after a day again

Feb interview at Chennai

Guys,

Am also expecting Feb interview as my case was forwarded on Dec 19th. Would appreciate if anyone can share information for taking photos/location etc in chennai. Keep u posted agian.

guycp:

Since your p3 was mailed towards the end of 3rd week of december & with a number of holidays in the last week of december 03, it is going to be difficult to get into Feb interview schedule! I hope you get Feb but more than likely it would be MArch.

As far as other requirements for cp @chennai you can check this thread which is a wealth of information:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53713

Feb 2004 Interview

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I am assuming that my interview date is P3 Mailed + 2 months. So I thought of as Feb as my P3 was mailed on Dec 19th. Can I request for Feb interview at chennai? Also how to check when my case was entered in Chennai consulate?

guycp:

You are right...under normal circumstances you could have defintely got Feb interview but with your p3 being mailed around 3rd week of dec and 3-4 holidays around christmas-new year..one cannot guess. For all you know you may get Feb interview.

There is no harm requesting Feb interview just that more than likely the Feb interview candidates have been decided since this is normally done between 5-6th of the month (jan).

The only way to find out if p3 has entered consulate system is to send them an email/ call them and find out based on your mdr number and/ or full first and last name.

fees to be taken for interview/medical etc...

Could some one list out all the applicable fees that needs to be taken for the interview/medical etc .. I have listed out some of em... correct me if I'm wrong

For Medical
----------------
The fee for the medical examination is as follows:
- Rs. 450 for general physical check and administration of vaccinations
- Rs. 600 for initial laboratory tests (fees up to Rs. 3300 if additional tests are needed)
- Rs. 3450 maximum for vaccinations

The fees must be paid in cash directly by you to the laboratory and the doctors. If further tests are advised by the doctors, you must be prepared to undergo them and pay the related costs.

For Interview
-------------------
Application fee for immigrant visa is $260 ( already paid by company or not ??? )
visa issuance fee is $65.

D.D to be taken for those two in Indian Rs at the exchange rate of ???

Is that all the required amounts...??

Anyone knows Feb Int date?

hi Prash

Do you know ur feb interview date already? I am unable to get any reply from embassy. Also did u receive packet-IV? Thanks in advance.