Temporary Resident Visa into Canada

immifive

Registered Users (C)
My father is in the US on visitors visa (B2). I hold a US green card. We want to travel to Canada purely for tourism. I intend to apply for temp resident visa for my father.

I need help in filling the application form:
1) Form asks for funds available for stay in Canada. My father does not have any funds in US since I am supporting him. What should we write here?
2) Length of stay in Canada - We do not know the exact dates. Can we say, for example, from Aug 30th to Dec 31st although we might visit Canada for only 10 days during that period.
3) Immigration status of applicant in country where applying? Is this going to be my father status in US which is tourist.

Thanks

Yah ! You could apply but it is going to be a little difficult as US is not the home country of your father and he "may" have to get all documentation required to to get the canadian visa as he required for the US one

For Immifive

As long as your father has a return ticket and you can show traveller checks . it is not difficult. The return ticket should be valid for atleast 1-2 months after he comes back from Canada.

All the best!!