Temporary EAD...Plz urgent

gcgeek

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I applied (140/485) concurrent on nov 2003.
Recently I got denied my renewal EAD due to wrong info in the application,but I already applied again.
My old EAD is going to expire on 23rd of this month,currently Iam on H1 not using EAD.
My 140 got approved 10 days ago.Can I use my EAD with a receipt notice..?
If I want to use my EAD(not for employment, for part-time job) do I have to get temporary EAD card..?
Plz help me guys...

RD 140/485-- nov 03 2003
140 approved - dec 05 2004
1st EAD expires - dec 23 2004
2nd EAD denied - nov 17 2004
2nd EAD fresh application - nov 23 2004

gcgeek, you are fine as far as your H1 continues to be valid. Valid H1 is your status document and authorizition to work for the H1 sponsor. Hopefully, your EAD comes before H1 expiration.

thanks MyDeamUSA
If I want to use My EAD(for a part-time job), will it be a problem..?
what should I do to get a temp EAD card(bcz I already applied)

gcgeek

You can i-ead after 90 days of applicationand not adjudiciated. Try your local office( which will definitely ask you to wait ), it wont hurt.

hathwar is right. You will be eligible to obtain a temp EAD at your local USCIS office if USCIS could not process your EAD application within 90 days.

No, you can not work for anyone but your H1 sponsor untill you receive an EAD card, temp or permanent one , it does not matter. To be clear, this applies to any paid job, both full -time, part-time, distance..and etc.

Again, the key point for your situation is to continue maintaining a valid H1 status until you get a new EAD card.