template for contacting senator regarding immigration

seattleLC

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I would like to contact my senator in WA (Pat Murray) regarding my I485. Is there a template that I can use to initiate the communication with Senator's office? Or, should I just pick up the phone and give them a call?

Any advice is well appreciated.

-SeattleLC

If you go to her website, you can see there is a special form that you can enter or letter. I filled up the form and two weeks later I got an answer via mail.

this might help!

Dear Senator,

We are writing this letter to request your office's help in finding the status of our employment based adjustment of status (I-485) applications, pending with Nebraska Service Center for over <xyears> years. After waiting for over <xmonths> months, we received a request to submit further evidence on <date> and we promptly responded to this request and sent all the required documents that were received by USCIS on <date>.

It has been <xmonths> months since we responded to the notice for request for further evidence and do not understand why it is taking so long for USCIS to look into our cases. Below given are the details of our case.

Primary Applicant Case Details:
Name: <Name>
Alien: <Alien#>
I-485 Petition Receipt No: <XXXXXXX>
Receipt Date: <date>; Notice Date: <Date>
1st Finger Prints completed: <Date>
Notice for Request for further Evidence Issued: <Date>
Response for Notice for Request for further Evidence received by USCIS: <Date>
2nd Finger Prints completed: <Date>
Derived Beneficiary Applicant Case Details:
<details>
Hence we request the help of your office to find out what exactly is going on with our cases and if possible push for a faster adjudication. We would highly appreciate any help that your office can provide in this regard.
Sincerely,
<Principal Applicant Full Name>
<Derived Beneficiary Applicant Name>
Phone: <xxx-xxx-xxxx>
Email: <email>
(wish to thank contributor of these forums for this template)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Eb1doc's is a good template.

In my case, I have called the senators and congressman.

In fact you can call 3 persons
1. Senator Pat Murray
2. Senator Maria Cantwell
3. The congressman in your congressional district. (find this from the congress website)

Get the senators/congressman's office number from their website.
Then call that number.

Then ask for the person handling immigration matters.
Once you get him, tell him about your situation.

He will enquire with USCIS or FBI on your behalf.

It usually takes around a month or two for them to respond.

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: