TD Visa Renewal (Non Canadian)

MSJ79

Dear Members,

I have a new TN stamped on my passport recently (new employer) and my wife and son (Pakistani Passports) visas are currently valid as per my last TN expiration date. In order for them to renew their TN Visas on their non-Canadian passports, what is the best possible way for them to renew their visas/stay in the US without going back to Pakistan. I looked at the US embassy in Mexico however it seems they are not accepting TD visa applications for non-residents of Mexico.

Furthermore, I saw few posts here where it was mentioned that the non-Canadian spouses can apply for extension of Stay based on the new expiration of the TN Visas or even they have been issued new I-94 at the border crossings based on the new TN visa expiration.

I would appreciate if I can get some guidance on this matter so that I can start planning for their visa renewal accordingly.

Thanks.

As long as their TD visas (from the consulate) are still valid, they can re-enter US and renew their I-94s (their TD status) to coincide with your new TN, without first having to get a new consular visa, as you mentioned. This would be simpler than filing an I-539.

At some point when their current TD consular visa is nearing expiry, they will need to get a new one, if they wish to travel.