TD to H4

Thanks for the prompt response.

My wife is in US now and she holds a TD status and Chinese passport. Can she go to POE to change the TD status to H4 visa diretly without filing I-535 and getting the approval?
No. To go into H4 status, she must either 1) enter the US with an H4 visa (only Canadian citizens are exempt from visas), which she must get at a US consulate abroad assuming she does not already have an H4 visa, or 2) do Change of Status to H4 status inside the US by filing I-539.

No. To go into H4 status, she must either 1) enter the US with an H4 visa (only Canadian citizens are exempt from visas), which she must get at a US consulate abroad assuming she does not already have an H4 visa, or 2) do Change of Status to H4 status inside the US by filing I-539.
Thank you for the details! Your time and help are greatly appreciated!

Again, no. She would need to go to a consulate tp get a visa in H4 before re-entering.

My husband is Canadian and has a H1B status and now I have a H4 status. I am moving from H4 to H1B work visa, while inside the US, and I am an Austrian citizen, do I need my H1B visa stamped once I get the H1B. My husband does not require a stamp as he is a Canadian.
Please can you clarify.

This is an H1-B question that should be asked on that forum, but in general, if you change status from within US, you do not need a visa unless and until you leave US. Your H1-B will become valid on the date specified on your approval notice.

Sorry, asking the question here as the topic pertains to me. I got moved to H1b status in October 2022. From tn visa for same company.. My family was on td visa with expiry on jan2025. Now being an idiot ,I didn't know family needs to move to h4 also as I was moved to H1b. We all never left USA since October 2022. How are my chances with border agents updating my kids and wife from td to h4. We all are Canadians.