TB Test waved by civil surgeon

lasvegas

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I went to see a civil surgeon to make the TB test required by NSC RFE. The doctor looked over the CDC website, and said that we don't need to do the TB test again for two reasons: (1) we have written history of positive skin test, and (2) our chest X-rays are normal. He just explained this on the I-693 form and signed and dated it. Anybody has similar experience?

TB test should not be done again and again

Yes, We had the same experience...Our doctor also said the same and did the same thing...And also, he said as it was positive for my wife he added the details of the medication that she had taken earlier (just as a proof)...

gcwait2005,

It seems that is your experience of your original medical exam in 2005. But for my case, it is a RFE. I am a little concerned that if the waiving from the civil surgeon will be accepted by the USCIS. Have you heard anything from USCIS after your I485 was submitted? Thanks.

gcwait2005,

It seems that is your experience of your original medical exam in 2005. But for my case, it is a RFE. I am a little concerned that if the waiving from the civil surgeon will be accepted by the USCIS. Have you heard anything from USCIS after your I485 was submitted? Thanks.

on your original 693 form, did the civil surgeon put the size&date of the skin test reaction on it?
if it was blank then on the 693 form, i think you'll be okay for this rfe reply.

lasvegas,

My wife also got RFE Now. Previously in 2005, doctor left ppd test details as blank. and checked chest x-ray box normal. Doctor mentioned that some service centers understand that it is +ve ppd case and won't send RFE . But some of them don't assume and they send RFE. So this time what doctor did is He just mentioned that my wife has +ve TB Test History. So she can't take PPD Test again and agian. And attached x-ray result (which is done recently).

Our RFE reached Service Center. We are hoping we won't get another RFE :). So waiting to see what happens next....