TB test results and 485

jay75

Registered Users (C)
My wife has some findings from X-rays (as her TB skin test was +ve), and my doctor ordered for CT scan. We are waiting for CT results.

Will the civil surgeon give a sealed envolope either way? Do I need to wait for 14 days until my wife starts her medication, etc ...?

Any advices?

Will there be any issues to file 1485 for both of us. (my skin test is -ve though and I'm the primary applicant) ?

Thanks,
Jay75

The US medical board practise doesn't enforce medication. Infact you can refuse medication and they can legally do nothing. Your doctor would probably mention in the report about findings and also mention patient started medication. I won't spend sleepless nights worrying about this.

The US medical board practise doesn't enforce medication. Infact you can refuse medication and they can legally do nothing. Your doctor would probably mention in the report about findings and also mention patient started medication. I won't spend sleepless nights worrying about this.

BECsufferer,

Though your words are very supportive, its hard to beleive that USCIS will ignore such medical conditions. They insist every applicant to go through the medical exams to ensure that every immigrant are disease free when they are offered permanant residency.

All I'm interested to find out is, 1) can this stop me filing our 485 applications? 2) will be there be any substancial delays due to RFEs? , etc..

Also, I'm interested to hear from someone who has such experiences and advice from them to handle the situation in much safer way. I also read somewhere as one tested +ve in X-ray test will have to take medication for about 9 month, and at this point, I'm not clear but I'll understand when we meet the doctor next week. It will be good to take medication and get treated, in other hands I'm cocerned about the side affects.

Other viewers, please share your ideas, advices..

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay75,

Does your doctor handed over medical exam reports to you? If he, you will file for I-485 and deal later with RFEs providing the proof of the treatment and anything else that needed at that time.

I believe and expect that treatment can be done at your doctor with your insurance playing a role rather at the USCIS certified physician. Or in a public county health department (for free).

Few years back, my son at the time of attending school, has TB test +ve and X-Ray is -ve. These tests are done at county medical office (for free). They recommended (kind of forced) 9 months course and we got several follow up calls from the medical department. For me, I felt as they over-acted. Fortunately, there is no financial interest there.

Hi,

FYI, one of my friend had that condition of all positives, the civil surgeon sent in the sealed report about the treatment prescription. After 9 months, another letter was sent to USCIS stating the treatment completion. As long as you do both, you should be ok.

Good luck.

hi, i just scheduled an appointment. I am curious how the result will affect I485 process. I am just wondering, if TB and Xray show some problem, can i still submit I485? It seemed from your post that your friend sent application, and put treatment prescription together in the sealed medical report?

Hi,

FYI, one of my friend had that condition of all positives, the civil surgeon sent in the sealed report about the treatment prescription. After 9 months, another letter was sent to USCIS stating the treatment completion. As long as you do both, you should be ok.

Good luck.