TB test and X rays

pqq

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I've just got an RFE saying that my medical doesn't have TB test and has only X rays. I remember when i went to a doctor a year ago, he asked if i usually get positive TB test, I said yes, he said then I'll have to do X rays that came fine. Do you think I should just go and do TB test, or I should call them trying to explain? Has anyone had any experince like that?
On positive side-they finally got to my case!!!

pqq said:
Hi guys,

I've just got an RFE saying that my medical doesn't have TB test and has only X rays. I remember when i went to a doctor a year ago, he asked if i usually get positive TB test, I said yes, he said then I'll have to do X rays that came fine. Do you think I should just go and do TB test, or I should call them trying to explain? Has anyone had any experince like that?

Try to tell them that the chest X-ray is more reliable then the TB skin test. In any medical practice, if you have a positive skin TB test, it has to be followed with the chest X-ray to check if there is any evidence of active TB. If you are from one of the countries that vaccinate for TB, you will always have a positive skin TB test and will need the X ray to show that you do not have actual disease. You may also try to get a letter explaining and confirming this from the civil surgeon that examined you and then send it to the USCIS - it may better than trying to explain it to them in your own words. If the civil surgeon is not available, you may try to contact your local public health office and ask if they would provide such a letter for you.

Yes, I forgot to mention that TB skin test is usually valid for 6 months and the X-ray is valid for one year. How long ago was your exam? May be they want you to redo this whole thing again because it expired? I had to do my physical twice because of the expiration (they were taking too long to process)

Hello brother,Dont try to explain anything because thats law, i hope you should get ins explanation sheet too. Anyway i got the same REF and i went to the doctor he said just check your tb test and send it. and i did it. Aftre a week i got approved. do same way. youdont loose anything but if you try to explain you will get more trouble .Thanks

pqq said:
Hi guys,

I was positive for TB and doctor did an xray. In the physical, he wrote that TB skin test positive, X RAY results negative...

It worked for me..