TB skin test positive X-ray normal.. possible RFE?

gc_meds

Hi Everyone-

My TB skin test came up positive last year in May '05. The doctor then proceeded to do an X-ray which was normal, so effectively I should be all clear. However, on form I-693 the doctor put in a comment saying that I have been referred to the county health department and should seek further medical investigation. I went and saw my doctor who Rxed a pretty strong TB medication, which can interfere with another treatment that I'm undergoing. Hence, I never started this TB medication.

My I-485 was filed in May '05 and my PD is April 2002. Do you think it's possible I might get an RFE based on the TB test? If I do get one, what is my best defense? I plan to start the medication asap if I have no other choice.

Thanks for your help!

To take medication or not is your choice. Positive PPD indicates that you might have latent TB (not necessery) Neg Xray proves that you do not have active lung disease which is regarded to be communicable. You are cleared.

many people(especially from India who have been given BCG) test +ve for TB skin test (including me). I did not have any problem because of that. I did not take any medication. If they insist on you taking it(my county health dept insisted too) just take it from them(it's free anyway) and throw it away.

True. if your X ray is cleared.. no worrys. In fact, if you have taken BCG baack home.. you should not take the TB medication again.. just throw it away.. We will be given enough dosable to last a lifetime. And consuming more will affect the liver..

My dr. didn't even bother with the skin test as he said that many from India will be positive.. He straight away ordered the x rays. If I am not mistaken, guys who have already got the BCG shots back home, can opt to skip the skin test and go straight for the Xrays..

Got RFE re this

I had a positive skin test & normal x-ray prior to filing 485 in March 2004. The 693 form had a recommendation re following up with the county TB clinic. I was not aware of this remark in 693 & did not followup at that time. In June 2005, I got an RFE re this. They also asked for latest paystubs & tax returns. My PD was current at that time & EB-3 became unavailable soon afterwards. I wish I was aware of this at the time of filing the 485 & produced doc on this along with the 485 application.

I then followed up with the TB clinic & was prescribed the 9 month medicine. I got some documentation from the clinic re the followup & my company attorneys sent it in with the response. 485 status is now updated to response recieved. It would be better to have documentation re your followup just in case there is a RFE.

depends on who the doctor is too. if a desi doctor they know the conditions in india. depending on x-ray they will tell you waht to do. the thing about TB that i came to know is even if you take medication for 6-9 months and complete it, then next time you do a skin test it will come up as positive, so you have to tell the doctor that you have completed the medication.