Tax transcripts - Yes, Papers - ???

Yes, the standard transcript will show on transaction level of blue print of your return. However, you can request the one which shows all adjustments.

btw, IRS tax transcripts are needed only if you have taken trips lasting more than 6 months, correct?

I applied (and was approved) under the "five year rule". I had no trips longer than 6 months (I did have one 5 month & one 4 month). Yet, early on in my interview the IO told me she needed tax transcripts, and would not be able to approve my application till I provided them. Yet, by the end of the interview she told me "we won't worry about them". I still don't know why she wanted them - but, I think it was because my employment is in the entertainment industry and involves many short term assignments.

Despite the fact they are never shown as a required document in any of the guidelines for a "five-year" application, I would suggest that since they are easy and free to obtain, that it is a safety net along the terms of "better safe than sorry".

I applied (and was approved) under the "five year rule". I had no trips longer than 6 months (I did have one 5 month & one 4 month). Yet, early on in my interview the IO told me she needed tax transcripts, and would not be able to approve my application till I provided them. Yet, by the end of the interview she told me "we won't worry about them". I still don't know why she wanted them - but, I think it was because my employment is in the entertainment industry and involves many short term assignments.

Despite the fact they are never shown as a required document in any of the guidelines for a "five-year" application, I would suggest that since they are easy and free to obtain, that it is a safety net along the terms of "better safe than sorry".

if you read the previous postings...few members explained that tax transcripts are not only related or required for the foreign trips and USCIS have the right to request them.

if you read the previous postings...few members explained that tax transcripts are not only related or required for the foreign trips and USCIS have the right to request them.

Yes, i read the previous postings......and, since I had a personal experience that related other OP's question, I thought I'd share it.

The OP seemed to appreciate my response - I'm not sure why you seemed to have a problem with it.

A Question

I requested my tax transcripts last week and recieved them yesterday. IRS sent me only for years 08, 07, 06 and 05 even though I requested 04 since it is also within last 5 years as USCIS requested on 659 document checklist (not on my interview letter). However, IRS says tax transipts are avaliable only for the current tax year and three years prior to current tax period (on a seperate explanation paper for 2004). So they did not send me any transcript for 2004.

Did anyone experience same situation? I can take my latest pay stub in 2009 for interview. Would this be enough for USCIS?

However, IRS says tax transipts are avaliable only for the current tax year and three years prior to current tax period (on a seperate explanation paper for 2004). So they did not send me any transcript for 2004.

Did anyone experience same situation? I can take my latest pay stub in 2009 for interview. Would this be enough for USCIS?

Would this be enough - varies from case to case. In so many cases, the IOs do not even ask for tax documents. You can also show them the "separate explanation paper". Given that 2004 is OLD, and ONLY if asked by IO, I think he/she will be willing to forgive one missing year.

I requested my tax transcripts last week and recieved them yesterday. IRS sent me only for years 08, 07, 06 and 05 even though I requested 04 since it is also within last 5 years as USCIS requested on 659 document checklist (not on my interview letter). However, IRS says tax transipts are avaliable only for the current tax year and three years prior to current tax period (on a seperate explanation paper for 2004). So they did not send me any transcript for 2004.

I had not reviewed the transcripts I got last week from IRS, until after reading your post. And guess what, I got the same letter of explanation for '04!
One good thing that I had done while on the phone with IRS was to also request 'account-transcripts' that indicate whether I actually paid the balance (if/any) on a return (tax-transcripts only say how much I owed).
I got the account-transcript for '04, so am going to produce that if asked.

I had not reviewed the transcripts I got last week from IRS, until after reading your post. And guess what, I got the same letter of explanation for '04!
One good thing that I had done while on the phone with IRS was to also request 'account-transcripts' that indicate whether I actually paid the balance (if/any) on a return (tax-transcripts only say how much I owed).
I got the account-transcript for '04, so am going to produce that if asked.

You got your account transcript only for 2004 or all last 5 years? I was planning to order that only for 2004 assuming that return transcripts for 05 thru 08 would be sufficient for USCIS.

You got your account transcript only for 2004 or all last 5 years? I was planning to order that only for 2004 assuming that return transcripts for 05 thru 08 would be sufficient for USCIS.

I requested account transcripts for all five years, and got them all.

If you plan to spend another 45 minutes on the phone with IRS, you might as well request them for all five years (they are free, and provethat you actually paid all balances) - My 2 cents.