Tax returns, IRS print outs?

Beacon Pc

Registered Users (C)
My attorney has asked for last 3yrs tax returns and IRS tax printouts from local IRS office. I have the tax returns but any idea what these IRS printouts are? Did any body submit it for AOS?

Photo copies

Typically you submit copies(Photo copies) of your tax returns. If you do not have them you can get them from IRS by paying some money. But if you have them (You need to have copy of tax returns that you have submitted) then photo copy is sufficient. If the attorney is asking for copies from IRS and not the ones that you have, then you have to check with him why.

u need it from IRS

Even if u have a copy of returns, INS wants you to get the IRS printouts... you can go to any IRS local office and have a copy of ur returns with IRS stamp on it.
The reason for this is that you can always make a tax returns (1040) w/o sending it to IRS, but what is the proof that the one you are sending to INS is original. That is why INS wants IRS certified returns

It was my understanding that INS did not require...

IRS certified copies but rather plain photocopies of tax returns. I know this from a few people who had their I-485 packages filed recently.

Tax returns are not required for filing 485

Tax returns & W2\'s are not required for filing 485.Since most of us are also filing to our dependents(spouse and children)we should show
INS that they will not be of any public charge.It all varies from attorney to attorney.So we include tax returns and bank statement
along with the affidavit of support for filing 485.

But in general to avoid any further future RFE\'s attorney\'s request us to inlude atleast two yrs.of tax returns.

This is only my general idea after visiting so many discussion boards.

Thanks
Naveen

correct!

I agree with Naveen. My lawyer asked me to submit last 3 years of tax return, bank statement ,property etc. I sent those papers ( only my copies and not from local IRS) but finally my lawyer didn\'t attached those along with my 485 papers. Lawyer informed me that tax return and bank statements are not required. "Then why the hell you asked me to submit those?"- Okay, I didn\'t ask and he didn\'t clarify. On Jan 23rd , my application was approved and passport stamped om 02-08-02. Another thing you may want to keep in mind. While going for passport stamping , you want to take the papers which are asked in the approval latter ( typically , passport , 2 photos, I-94 - that\'s it). Nothing less and nothing more. This time my lawyer correctly advised. Good luck.

Thanks cowboy!

I am sending the tax returns and W-2s. But looks like your case was approved without them. I am sending in to avoid any RFE.

you are right

I am sorry, i guess mislead something in my last message.
I did not read the msg clearly and was replying it as tax returns were required for RFE.
Yes, it is option while filing, although it is always good to send as much doc as you can. If INS sends RFE for tax returns, then it should IRS certified.

Naveen and cowboy. Thanks for taking the time to clarify...

My 485 has been filed without any taz return or pay stub attachment. I do have a letter from my employer (I\'ve been with the same employer the last five years) and my attorney said that was sufficient. It is a relief to know these are not required.

Question for you, Naveen: by your pharase \'they will not be of any public charge\', what do you exactly mean?

Thanks again

Public Charge

Public charge means that the public is paying for your support. INS does not like to issue GCs to people who are likely to be unable to pay their own expenses when they get here and will therefore rely on other US taxpayers for their support.

Thats what the reason they would like to see your paystubs,bank statements,taxes etc..

Most of the people likes to send all of these to avoid any future RFE\'s.