Tax Return Transcripts

opensource

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I am getting married this year and plan to apply for my wife's H4 visa through Chennai consulate.

I have gathered the documents mentioned in this forum. Though, I have only Xerox copies of the tax return I filed each year. Anybody who's been to the chennai consulate, can you adivse on whether they accept the Xerox copies or do I need to get the transcripts from the IRS?

I appreciate your advise and feedback.

Thanks.

Boss copies are ok, they don't want to check whether you submitted the returns, they want to check whether you made that much money as was mentioned in LCA or not.

W-2s you should be able to produce original because you always have one original copy for yourself.

Actually, I read somewhere else on this forum that they were requesting notorized copies. For safety, it is advisable to get them notorized (just in case!!!)

Good luck!

Re W2s

Hello ...If we submit the original W2S and pay stubs via drop box do we get the originals back? How can we get the Tax returns notarised as the originals are always sent to IRS and all i have is the copies.Any thoughts on this one please advise Thank you

Please call IRS at the 1-800 number and request your "Tax Return Transcripts". They will mail them to you for free. You should receive them within 2 weeks after your request. Make copies of them and get them notorized. (just in case). Also, keep your copy of the W-2 and mail it to the Consulate with an extra photocopy of W-2. They will return W-2 originals and keep the photocopies.

Last edited by a moderator: