Tax Return Transcripts and Traffic Tickets

kalmah03

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I am getting ready to fine n-400. I have been married to a USC for 3 years. I had few questions'

1. The n-400 document checklist you can submit either tax returns + documents or tax transcripts. I have ordered the tax transcripts but they will arrive in 7-14 days. Should I sent out application with photocopy of the tax returns now or wait for 14 days for the tax transcripts? How much difference will it make?

2. I had 2 speeding tickets in last 2 years both under $400. I was reading this forum and there are different opinions about reporting it and not reporting it on the n-400 application. What is the right answer? Should I report it in the N-400 form? Which questions?

Thanks a lot

Hello

I am getting ready to fine n-400. I have been married to a USC for 3 years. I had few questions'

1. The n-400 document checklist you can submit either tax returns + documents or tax transcripts. I have ordered the tax transcripts but they will arrive in 7-14 days. Should I sent out application with photocopy of the tax returns now or wait for 14 days for the tax transcripts? How much difference will it make?

2. I had 2 speeding tickets in last 2 years both under $400. I was reading this forum and there are different opinions about reporting it and not reporting it on the n-400 application. What is the right answer? Should I report it in the N-400 form? Which questions?

Thanks a lot

1. It will make no difference. Just send copies of tax returns. The officer will likely want to see additional documents at the interview so be prepared to provide other documents that demonstrate your marriage is bona fide.

2. People have done both so use your discretion. I will be applying later this year but will disclose the speeding ticket that I got years back. Should you choose to disclose the ticket, then be prepared to provide additional documentation that the tickets were paid, etc. at the interview even if they are under $500. This has happened to several posters on this board.