Tax forms and interview.

johnnkamala

Registered Users (C)
I had all of my tax transcripts up to date when I sent in the N-400, but my tax preparer had me put in a request for extension this year due to an unusually complicated income year. My interview is in November and I won't have a return for 2004 to show yet. Do you think this will be a big problem? I have transcripts for the five years prior.

Last edited by a moderator:
johnnkamala, Congrats! When is your interview scheduled? When did you receive your letter? Good Luck...

johnnkamala said:
I had all of my tax transcripts up to date when I sent in the N-400, but my tax preparer had me put in a request for extension this year due to an unusually complicated income year. My interview is in November and I won't have a return for 2004 to show yet. Do you think this will be a big problem? I have transcripts for the five years prior.

did you have any documentation to prove you filed the extension?

i prepared last 7 years tax transcripts for my interview. they did not even ask me for that. however it is always to prepare than feel sorry.

btw, IRS should have some of your tax documents to show you filed the extension for 2004. the worst case is, you just have to request a copy of your tax form (rather than tax transcript) from IRS.

jay_m said:
johnnkamala, Congrats! When is your interview scheduled? When did you receive your letter? Good Luck...

Got the letter last week, interview for 14 Nov. Thanks for the well wishes.