Tampa Timeline?

You should be very proud! I watched it on You Tube! Very special moment for all those present. Hope to be in your shoes by next July given the surge in applications that is occuring! Congrats! I liked your Geico reference...very funny!!!:D

Good Luck to you!! Hopefully it won't take too much longer in the future..

I love the Geico commercials (as also Capital 1 commercials) but I'd never use them.. Way too expensive.. I use Esurance on all my vehicles! :D

You should be very proud! I watched it on You Tube! Very special moment for all those present. Hope to be in your shoes by next July given the surge in applications that is occuring! Congrats! I liked your Geico reference...very funny!!!:D

In one of the TV spots of the event, they even showed my face in close up for about 3 - 4 seconds

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/7/4/new_citizens_at_disney.html

Click on the video with the title:

"Martinez Gives Keynote Address"
After Senator Martinez mentions that Gloria Estefan did not sing for him when he became US citizen (3 minutes and 10 seconds into the video), they show my face (I'm wearing a blue cap) for about 3 - 4 seconds.. I only know that because some friends from the Corvetteforum who know me in person identified me in the video and sent me the link..

Olivier

http://www.grandsportc3.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my passport today - so here is my complete timeline:

Priority date: Dec. 14th 2006
Fingerprint date: Feb. 10th 2007
Interview notice: Apr. 9th 2007 (received it April 16th)
Interview date: June 20th 2007
Oath date: July 4th 2007 at Disney World (see link below)
Citizen since: July 4th 2007
Passport application: July 6th - expedited
Passport received: July 25th
I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 filed for wife: July 23rd

Congratulations! Vizitor, have you mailed your application yet? I'm sure everybody here would like to hear how you fare. Good luck!

Congratulations! Vizitor, have you mailed your application yet? I'm sure everybody here would like to hear how you fare. Good luck!

Mailed the N-400 on July 22nd and it was received and signed for on July 25th. So, the wait begins.

Be very patient vizitor. I am currently working with the Tampa DO and they usually take their time to do things. I renewed my G/C with them and took me about 10 months for that process. I also started my naturalization process and it is taking its time as well. Here is my timeline:

N-400 mailed: 03/16/2007 (USPS Priority Mail)
N-400 Application Received: 03/20/2007
Notice Date: 03/29/2007
FP Notice Date: 07/06/2007
FP Taken: 07/28/2007
Interview Letter: Waiting

My case status online has not changed at all since March on the USCIS website.

Good luck with your application vizitor.

Be very patient vizitor. I am currently working with the Tampa DO and they usually take their time to do things. I renewed my G/C with them and took me about 10 months for that process. I also started my naturalization process and it is taking its time as well. Here is my timeline:

N-400 mailed: 03/16/2007 (USPS Priority Mail)
N-400 Application Received: 03/20/2007
Notice Date: 03/29/2007
FP Notice Date: 07/06/2007
FP Taken: 07/28/2007
Interview Letter: Waiting

My case status online has not changed at all since March on the USCIS website.

Good luck with your application vizitor.

I've dealt with the Tampa DO before, so I'm familiar with their processing speed. I'm not expecting anything fast, especially since I filed during the rush to beat the fee increase. I'll just be waiting as the application runs through the process.

Vizitor - When did you mail your N400?

When did you mail your N400 packet? When did they receive it? Have they cashed your check? Please post your timeline. Thanks.

Good luck with the process Toolong. Remember to be patient with the Tampa DO, they take their time doing things. :)

You can call the FBI number in West Virginia as per the following post
Hi, guys,

I called FBI finger printing office (1-304-625-2000) today and they told me that my finger prints has been cleared and returned to USCIS the same day I had them done.

is my case approved?.. can I relax or what?

Guys,

I had my citizenship interview today.. As always they made me guilty with no reason,, you know how they are..the officer greeted me was female. she went over application with me.make sure everything is correct and consistent with paper. I had so much worries for several reasons.

first, I had a child back in my country, but I have no obligation to pay child support. I don't have custody but no record, since the court in Japan discard the record of divorce paper which containing info regarding child support and custody after a year

second,I was in nursing school for 4 yrs and started working lastyear,, I didn't work when I was studying so only had 2006 tax return. I didn;t t know what they going accused me of during my school years.

Third, I was arrested for driving wrong side of the road on oneway street. I was charged with DUI, eventually reduced to reckless driving, driving school, my license never suspended,finished my probation early(I paid off the community service portion). I got a certified copy of record of the incident states that case closed.

Anyway, she gave me the recommendation of the approval, then she told me"It is very possible they might ask you the termination of probation letter" usually it takes 2 weeks for them to mail me either asking for a more evidence or oath ceremony letter. but I am very nervous, and cannot take it easy. and she said if they approve the case my oath ceremony will be November as in 2 months from now... I don't know.. it seems too long time to wait between interview and oath date.

so anyway, here is my question,,, what is the chance of getting citizenship without being asked bring the termination of probation letter?(I already gave them certified copy of the whole incident stating probation,DUI school,Court cost paid and case closed).

and what is the normal waiting period between the interview and the actual oath date
please help me .. any insight and advice. thank you.

N-400 mailed: 01/16/2007 (USPS Priority Mail)
N-400 Application Received: 02/01/2007
FP taken: 04/23/2007
Interview Letter: 07/13/2007
interview:09/13/2007(recommendation of approval from interviewing officer)
oath date:?:confused:

How do I check if the FP is cleared by FBI?

Anxious of the Name Check blackhole, I decided to take an InfoPass appointment. I went in for my appointment today, I was pleasently surprised at the interaction.

To be fair I did not expect anything out of the appointment based on other ppls experiences on the form.

I took an early morning appointment at the Tampa CIS office, the Officer was very curtious, he lookup my case and told me that my name check has been cleared, then he tried to get me an appointment, but he could do it for some reason.

He told me that the name check has cleared and the file is in Texas,so you could expect the Interview letter soon, on further prompting he said, you could be done by christmas (done - with the interview i think).

So I came out surprised and hopeful.

Earlier (last week) I tried the Customerservice number but was not able to reach an officer, so I decided on the infopass.

The wait continues...but atleast I know that I am not in the NameCheck Black hole.

IL received

I just received my IL for the 2nd week of 12/2007, almost 2 months from today and 8 1/2 months after I filed since I mailed my application on 03/2007. Those guys must be really busy at the Tampa DO. Any other updates?

Yes, they're so busy with my name check for 21 month so barely don't have time to work on other cases. :D FIFO thing, you know.:rolleyes:

Does Tampa DO have same day oath possibility? has anyone done a sameday oath in Tampa?