Tampa Timeline?

Congratulations, Second Stage! I'm glad it all went well, even if you had to wait for a while. I remember hearing that you're assigned to a specific IO, so if that person runs behind, you'll be delayed. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how many other people are there or how quickly they're called in. E.g. when I went, there were several people in the trailer who had arrived before I did, but I was called into the building sooner than most of them.
Anyway, you made it, and that's what counts.
If you're not going through a name change, it looks as though your oath ceremony will be on May 31st.
http://www.tampagov.net/appl_calendars/viewEvent.asp?eventID=26929&hideFilter=&Event_Type=1&Display_Type=month_data&date=&MONTH=5&YEAR=2007
Congrats again!

Congratulations, Second Stage!
If you're not going through a name change, it looks as though your oath ceremony will be on May 31st.

Thanks Caillie..I hope to make it to the May 31st ceremony and then the flight begins to apply for a US passport and then onto financee visa..It's still not the end of the journey for me!!!

We apply for wife and daughter in Office of Clerks in Clearwater, across from PC tax collector. It took no more then 10 minutes. On Oath is was soo crowded and we were soo exhausted after 2+ hours ......

Is it better to apply for passport at the Oath ceremony itself or apply at the local Post Office ?

Also, could someone post their recent oath experience in Tampa ?

Thanks.

When you apply for a passport, you have to include your original naturalization certificate. It will be returned to you with your passport.
I guess it then boils down to whether you want to part with your certificate right after you receive it? Also, the local news reported that passport appointments at the post office are harder to come by, because of the new travel requirements (passport to go to Canada, go on a cruise, etc.).
So if you plan to go through the post office, you may want to call and see how long it would take to make an appointment with them. Do you have any travel plans in the near future?

My oath was 10 months ago, and my experience is posted somewhere in this thread. Don't know if that's recent enough for you, but I don't think anything has really changed.

Received Oath letter

Do you have any travel plans in the near future?
Yes. I do...I soon plan on seeing my finacee within the next 2 months.

I received the oath letter today for the ceremony on May 31st.
The letter was sent from the Tampa DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Over..

Today I and My wife went for Interview our interview time were 10:30 and 10:50. We went to the office around 9:30. We were asked to sit in the trailer and my wife was called within 5 minutes and I was called around 9:40. Once we went inside the main building after passing through the secutiry check and everything we sat in the waiting room. I was called immediately by an lady and the enitre process like Questions and verifications lasted 5 minutes when I came back my wife went for her interview and she came within few minutes and the entire process was over by 10:00 AM quite fast....Now we are waiting for the Oath letter...Hope we will make it to the may 31st ceremony.

Thanks for everyone help...

I got letter for oath ceremony on May 31st today but my wife didn't got one...hope she also get one before May31st so that she can also become citizen...

Any sign of your wife's oath letter yet, TPAUSER? I hope you received it!
Good luck to you and Second Stage tomorrow!

I was out of town so couldn't post any messages. My wife got her oath letter on May 21st..we are going for tomorrow ceremony...

Thanks again for eveyone's help..

Am done

I took the Oath in Tampa this morning..There are two ceremonies one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
You can park at the convention center garage but will have to pay a daily parking fee.

The process:

1. You arrive at 8am and have to register.
2. At 9.30am the ceremony begins and lasts about an hour or so
3. You'll get your certification of naturalization.

There were about 392 applicants with their family members from about 70 countries.

You are allowed to bring cellphones and cameras..

USPS will be on-site to help you with applying for passport(s), they also take photographs(for $15).

I applied for expedited passport at the oath ceremony and it took about an hour but its worth the wait to be done.

You can also get your Voter registration done at the convention center.

Here is my final timeline:
----------------------
TSC - DO - Tampa
Priority Date ........: Oct 31, 2006
FP Date ..............: Jan 05, 2007
Interview Date .....: May 03, 2007
Oath Date ...........: May 31, 2007

Now, onto other battles :D

I finished my FP May 11, 2007, its now close to a month since my FP no sign of my online status reflecting my FP update. Does the online status change during various stages of the process?

How do you check if the FP is cleared by FBI?

TSC-DO Tampa

Priority Date: April 12, 2007
FP Notice Date: April 30, 2007
FP Appointment Date: May 19, 2007
FP processed : May 11, 2007
Interview Notice: waiting
Interview Date: waiting
Oath Notice : waiting
Oath Date: waiting

Had my interview today and passed easily.. After the standard questions, I was asked the interview questions. I answered the first 6 questions correctly, so I wasn't asked the last 4.

Here are the questions that I got:

Who is Chief Justice of the Supreme court?
If Bush and Cheney would die, who will become president?
For how long are members of the House of Representative elected for?
What are the 3 branches of our government?
What is the Bill of Rights?
What special group advises the president?

It was so easy, a caveman could to it ;)

Priority date: Dec. 14th 2006
Fingerprint date: Feb. 10th 2007
Interview notice: Apr. 9th 2007 (received it April 16th)
Interview date: June 20th 2007
Oath date: July 4th 2007 at Disney World (see link below)

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34573

Congratulations, GrandSport! The oath ceremony sounds nice! I didn't realize that that type of ceremony was available from Tampa (figured it was just for the Orlando DO). Now I wish I had that when I was sworn in last July. Enjoy the ceremony and good luck with whatever comes next.

Congratulations, GrandSport! The oath ceremony sounds nice! I didn't realize that that type of ceremony was available from Tampa (figured it was just for the Orlando DO). Now I wish I had that when I was sworn in last July. Enjoy the ceremony and good luck with whatever comes next.

Thanks! I'm happy that the timing worked out great so that I will be able to participate at the Disney ceremony..

The next step will be to get married to my fiancee (she's here on a tourist visa right now) and get her paperwork done...

Took my oath yesterday at Disney's Magic Kingdom - so I'm a US citizen as of yesterday 9 AM!

Citizen since: July 4th 2007
Passport application: will be filed today - expedited (July 5th 2007)

Congratulations GrandSportC3!!!

You should be very proud! I watched it on You Tube! Very special moment for all those present. Hope to be in your shoes by next July given the surge in applications that is occuring! Congrats! I liked your Geico reference...very funny!!!:D

Took my oath yesterday at Disney's Magic Kingdom - so I'm a US citizen as of yesterday 9 AM!

Citizen since: July 4th 2007
Passport application: will be filed today - expedited (July 5th 2007)

Congrats on becoming a U.S. citizen. I'll be going through Tampa also. 18 days until I mail the N-400.