Tampa Timeline?

bsnl said:
The long journey to US citizenship has finally ended and me and my wife are US citizens now....we had our oath on 11/30 and applied for passport on the same day (regular application not expedited) :)

Congratulations! Very fast, indeed!

Thanks

Laripu said:
Congratulations! Very fast, indeed!

Thanks Laripu....

Caillie/Laripu,

I applied for US passport from Oath Ceremony convention center (US postal service was in adjacent hall) as a regular process and she said it shud take 6 weeks but can also come within a month.....any ideas as to what average time is? I did not apply for expedited service as I was not having any travel plans for near future and thought I cud use the photocopy of Certificate (in fact the US postal service had their own photo copier and charged 50 cents for everyone) if I had to travel....Is there anything that I need to be aware of? Thanks

I haven't a clue as to the current processing times, bsnl. Sorry! All I can tell you is that mine took exactly 4 weeks and 1 day at the end of July (received end of August). Should you need to, you can call the State Deparment. They're very courteous and my experience was nothing like the one I had with the dreaded 1-800 number. ;) Their site is here: http://travel.state.gov/

bsnl said:
I applied for US passport from Oath Ceremony convention center (US postal service was in adjacent hall) as a regular process and she said it shud take 6 weeks but can also come within a month.....any ideas as to what average time is? I did not apply for expedited service as I was not having any travel plans for near future and thought I cud use the photocopy of Certificate (in fact the US postal service had their own photo copier and charged 50 cents for everyone) if I had to travel....Is there anything that I need to be aware of? Thanks
I did expedited and it came in under 2 weeks. I don't know what the average is for regular service, but I suspect that the 6 week time is unusual and the month is probably what will happen.

I sent in my original certificate. I don't know what the rules are about copies and travelling. I was worried about that because I have relatives in Canada and Germany, an my mother-in-law is quite old. But I was so excited, I even forgot to make a copy! I would have had to travel using the Canadian passport. Anyway, it all turned out ok.

Laripu said:
I did expedited and it came in under 2 weeks. I don't know what the average is for regular service, but I suspect that the 6 week time is unusual and the month is probably what will happen.

I sent in my original certificate. I don't know what the rules are about copies and travelling. I was worried about that because I have relatives in Canada and Germany, an my mother-in-law is quite old. But I was so excited, I even forgot to make a copy! I would have had to travel using the Canadian passport. Anyway, it all turned out ok.

Thanks Laripu & Caillie for quick responses....appreciate it....I guess I will just wait without worrying too much about passport reciept...the hard part is over anyway.....I have another 2 to 3 months processing to get my country's (India) overseas citizenship card :)

Passport Status

Hi Caillie,

I sent my passport application (regular processing) on 30th Nov....I do not see any status on https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp and this site says that if it is 9 days and still no status then call passport center....I called them and they said it is not in system yet....I called the post office thru which I sent the application and they asked me to wait till Friday (15th Dec) and if it is still not there they asked me to check with them....it seems post office creates the money order (from cash that I paid) and sends it to the passoprt center......I am getting little bit worried as we send the Original Naturalization certificate with the application.....Can u pls let me know after how many days you saw status on the website when you sent your passport appl via regualr mail....appreciate any help...

Thanks
bsnl

Hey bsnl,

my status never showed up online at all! I called them, too (about 3 weeks after I had applied), and they said it's probably being processed and the site just hasn't been updated yet. Sure enough, my passport arrived maybe 4 or 5 days later along with the naturalization certificate. So don't worry! I'm sure it'll show up before you know it. :)

Caillie

Caillie said:
Hey bsnl,

my status never showed up online at all! I called them, too (about 3 weeks after I had applied), and they said it's probably being processed and the site just hasn't been updated yet. Sure enough, my passport arrived maybe 4 or 5 days later along with the naturalization certificate. So don't worry! I'm sure it'll show up before you know it. :)

Caillie

Thanks for the quick response Caillie.....now atleast I know that it is possible that the system may not show the status and passport application may still be getting processed.....I just hope there was no postal booboo in delivering the application as that was what I was most concerned about...I really dont care if it takes little bit longer than usual as long as I know that they recieved my application :)

Has anybody received Oath Letter recently??

Has anybody who has had their interview in November 2006 got their Oath Letter as yet? My husband still has not received his and we are getting slightly worried as its nearing the next Naturalization ceremony Date of January 25th 2007. If somebody can throw some light on this.....

Thanks

stbg, since the next oath is still about 4 weeks away, you do still have a lot of time. But I remember how important this is to your own process, so maybe it'd make you feel better to get an Infopass appointment and check with them? I assume he wasn't told that his namecheck was pending, so maybe the letter just wasn't sent yet, or maybe it got lost or delayed in the holiday mail. At any rate, they'd be able to tell you at the Infopass and re-issue another invitation if it was indeed lost. Personally I'd make the Infopass for about 2 weeks prior to the oath ceremony, and cancel it if the invitation shows up in the interim, but that's just me. :) Good luck to you both!

Guess we'll wait till 2 weeks before Jan 25th (the next Oath Date)

Caillie said:
stbg, since the next oath is still about 4 weeks away, you do still have a lot of time. But I remember how important this is to your own process, so maybe it'd make you feel better to get an Infopass appointment and check with them? I assume he wasn't told that his namecheck was pending, so maybe the letter just wasn't sent yet, or maybe it got lost or delayed in the holiday mail. At any rate, they'd be able to tell you at the Infopass and re-issue another invitation if it was indeed lost. Personally I'd make the Infopass for about 2 weeks prior to the oath ceremony, and cancel it if the invitation shows up in the interim, but that's just me. :) Good luck to you both!

Thanks Caillie. Yes, we ARE counting on his being a citizen by the end of Jan 2007. Am planning to quit my job the end of Jan too. So, its all very critical in terms of timing. He was not told abt a "name check pending" issue at the time of interview and he was even given the N652 approval letter. So I guess his application HAS moved into the Oath phase. Anyways.. like you said, I guess we'll wait till 2 weeks before Jan 25th, which is the next Oath date in Tampa, to schedule an Infopass. klm123 is also waiting for his Oath Letter. I had sent him two private messages asking him if he had received his Oath Letter (his interview took place before my husband's). But he has not replied to it nor has he replied here in this forum. Don't know what's happening with his case. Hopefully everything should work out well soon for all of us.

Thanks
stbg

Passports recieved

We recieved our passports on 01/12.....applied on 10/30 (regular)......I wud like to once again thank every member of this board for their help and advice....

N-400 Applcation Sent : 07/15/2006
Appl Recvd Date : 07/18/2006 (RD)
Priority Date: 07/18/2006 (PD)
Notice Date : 07/25/2006 (ND)
FP Notice Date: 08/01/2006
FP Appt Date: 08/23/2006
FP taken: 08/23/2006
IL Notice Date : 09/26/2006
IL Notice Recieved Date : 10/02/2006
IL Appointment Date : 11/08/2006
Oath Notice Date (Wife): 11/13/2006
Oath Reciept date (Wife): 11/15/2006
Oath Date (Wife) : 11/30/2006
Oath Notice Date (self): 11/16/2006
Oath Reciept date (self): 11/18/2006
Oath Date (self) : 11/30/2006
Passport Application Date : 11/30/2006
Passport reciept date : 01/12/2007

Thanks Caillie!

Caillie said:
Congratulations bsnl! Also congrats to stbg's hubby for receiving his oath letter. :)

Congratulations to you bsnl! And thanks Caillie! :)

Anyone received Interview Notice since Oct 2006?

Has anyone from the Tampa DO received an Interview Notice letter since Oct 2006?

The last posting I see is an Interview Notice Received date of 10/20/06.

Isn't the usual estimate(or guesstimate) time of about 2 months from the FP date to receive the Interview notice date accurate provided your case is straight-forward?

Thanks.

bsnl said:
We recieved our passports on 01/12.....applied on 10/30 (regular)......I wud like to once again thank every member of this board for their help and advice....

Congratualtions bsnl. I hope you remembered to register to vote. That's important! I guess my next big duty will be, if called, to serve on a jury. Oddly enough, I'm looking forward to that.

stbg, did your husband complete his oath on the 25th and were you able to file your own paperwork yet?
second stage, any news on your interview letter? Yes, if things go smoothly it was taking about two months to get the interview letter. Don't know whether that's changed at all though.

Caillie, I don't see even a single posting within the Tampa DO mentioning recepit of the interview letter since Oct of 2006..
If someone has received their letter since 10/2006, please post your timeline..

On the other hand, several people could have received and aren't part of this board but am hoping the dates aren't retrogressing...

This has put some of my plans(moving, travelling) on hold for sure...

Last edited by a moderator: