Tampa Oath Schedule

Also on oath day in Tampa convention center ( Oct 8, 2008) i am planning to take a cab and reach there instead of driving my own car. My oath is at 8 AM, and i am planning to be there by 7 AM.

It might cost to and fro by cab $90 but i feel its worth it, since no worry about Parking etc. Just my thoughts.

Sonny

You don't have to worry about parking at all. there is a huge 500+ multilevel parking right next to the TCC and it is only $5.00

You can pay before or later. make sure you pay at the machine for parking before you go to the ceremony...because of all the late comers there will be a long line after the ceremony.

Even better...Sonny123...if you are willing to pay $90 for a cab not bring your car...why don't you instead make a reservation at the Marriott Hotel at the Waterside. It is beautiful full scale hotel and located right across from the TCC. That is what I am planning on doing regarless of parking hassels...but to celebrate!! What ever you chose to do...have lots of fun and enjoy your day with your friends and families. Again...that is what I am planning on doing.

Of course....going to party hard. But, ONLY after the ceremony.
By the way, TWIN TROUBLE, can you please share what to expect during Tampa Oath Ceremony? How long is it going to take and how many people may be there...and stuff. Appreciate in advance. In addition...if you have already applied/received for passport book/card...can you please share how long did it take you to do so and stuff? Thanks again!!

Of course....going to party hard. But, ONLY after the ceremony.
By the way, TWIN TROUBLE, can you please share what to expect during Tampa Oath Ceremony? How long is it going to take and how many people may be there...and stuff. Appreciate in advance. In addition...if you have already applied/received for passport book/card...can you please share how long did it take you to do so and stuff? Thanks again!!

My Oath ceremony was at 8 am...so, I was there at 7 am. I live in N. Tampa..traffic was smooth that early in the morning..took I275 and exited at 45A(ashley Drive). stay on ashley dr. all the way and it will take you directly to TCC parking. make sure you have your breakfast before or carry it with you. there is only one starbucks that was open.

Totally there were about 520 people from 78 countries. ceremony started on time. like I said before they allowed people from the afternoon ceremony to take oath if they wanted to. In the letter it said "please wear proper attire"..but, I saw some people with shorts/t-shirt, flip flops,...there is no restriction as to how many people you can take with you. after the intro. we were asked to form 3 seperate lines...oath letters were marked A,B or C depending on which line you were standing. we were asked to return to our chairs. after that some boring stuff like your responsibilities as a citizen, President's speech, etc...then the national anthem. after that we took the oath...they played the song by Lee Greenwood "proud to be an American". Then we were asked to go back to the same lines we had been earlier. There they check your passport for any travels outside the US and will ask you if you have comitted any offence since the interview. if you have, you better show a valid reason and documentation. they will not give you more than a FEW SECONDS to convince them. if you don't they will ask you to go to a room across from the hall where they have 2 immigration officers waiting. I believe there they ask you some more questions and make a decision weather or not to let you naturalize. going back to the line, if they find everthing fine they will take you GC...give you the NC..congragulate you and send you on your way.

If you want to apply for passport you can do so at the USPS counter. I think it is a little late for you to register to vote (in Florida you have to register 29 days before the election day).

I applied for PP book + Card on 7/29 and got my PP & NC on 8/6. I recd. the card 2nd week of September.

Important: make sure you carry with you all the documents beginning with a copy of your N400 application, all passports, travel documents, GC, oath letter....anything and everything you can think of.

If taking an oath is against your religion/beliefs, you have to let them know before hand.

Hope i didn't put you to sleep:D

Good luck!

Tampa n400 time line

hello every body my interview done in tampa september 22/2010 every thing went very smooth and my n-652 recommended for approval io told my my oath date will be on october
22/2010 tel today i have not received my oath letter i had minor incident back in 2004 (SELL ALCOHOL TO MINOR) I DID NOT GATE ARRESTED I AM SO CONFUSED AND WORRY USCIC MY DECLINED MY APPLICATION AFTER INTERVIEW APPROVED CAN ANY ONE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE RESPOND
THANKS A MILLIONS

Last edited by a moderator: