Tampa, FL timeline

avl252002

After a long wait I finally got my interview letter. The end is in sight!

* 11/2/07 - mailed N-400
* 11/6/07 - received date
* 12/28/07 - checks cached
* 12/31/07 - notice date
* 2/19/08 - fingerprinting notice sent
* 3/11/08 - fingerprinting date
* 9/26/08 - interview letter sent
* 10/4/08 - interview letter received
* 11/6/08 - interview

- Andrey

avl252002,

Cong.
How did your interview go? How long did it take? were you being asked with questions other than the test?

After a long wait I finally got my interview letter. The end is in sight!

* 11/2/07 - mailed N-400
* 11/6/07 - received date
* 12/28/07 - checks cached
* 12/31/07 - notice date
* 2/19/08 - fingerprinting notice sent
* 3/11/08 - fingerprinting date
* 9/26/08 - interview letter sent
* 10/4/08 - interview letter received
* 11/6/08 - interview

- Andrey

malgi,

You have similar question in another thread that Sonny from Tampa had posted. It seems like you are quite worried about it. What are you so worried about? Do you have DUI/DWI or anything that may jeopordize your application? Is it 5 yrs based or 3 yrs marriage based? Don't worry about it. If you have nothing to worry about...bring all the documents mentioned in your IL. It is good to be over prepared then under prepared but do your home work. Officers in Tampa are real nice people and they are very professional as well. Thru out my immigration journey I always found these people very helpful and couteous. Again...no worries. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

2BUSCTZN,

I have a clean record, no DUI/DWI or even any speed ticket :)
I was wondering if they ask why you want to be a citizen, what would be good answer.
Or if there might be some other question not related to the test.

N-400 Journey started.

I am wondering if there is/are any active applicant from Tampa, FL

I was wondering if they ask why you want to be a citizen, what would be good answer.

A truthful answer is best. Something along the line of "the US is my home now" or " I have made the US my permanent country"

Yes, let us keep track and hope other will join. TSC received my application 90 days from my 5 years hope that is fine. I have not received my receipt notice yet.

Once they cash your check you can relax. If there is something wrong with the application, or eligibility, they will just return your application and a check.
I signed for daily e-mail updates from my bank just to catch when my check gets cashed.
My Priority Day is the same day TSC made a deposit.
Also – they transferred my application to NBC.

It seems I will be Ok. My 5 years date is 3/2/2009 I sent my application on 12/2, TSC received on 12/3. I was including 3/2 in my 90 days calculation. The rules stated 90 days before 3/2/2009. If that is the case then I sent my application 90 days exactly and TSC received 89 days before 3/2/2009. Even if my priority date is 12/3/2008 still it will be 89 days before 3/2/2009. I sent money order.

Once they cash your check you can relax. If there is something wrong with the application, or eligibility, they will just return your application and a check.

Don't expect USCIS to return your application and refund you if you don't meet eligibility.

Don't expect USCIS to return your application and refund you if you don't meet eligibility.

I am very well aware uscis doesn’t refund the applicant’s money once the application process has been started, no matter the outcome – approved, or denied, or when the applicant changes her mind and withdraw the application before the interview, or during the interview, when uscis discovers the person wasn’t illegible to apply in a first place...

However, there are plenty of examples (mostly on Family based GC forum) when uscis returned a whole package, check uncashed, to the applicant same day the receive it due to wrong address/wrong fee/missing or wrong form/no signature, or if they find applicant ineligible for the benefit.
And that’s what I was taking about - They won’t deposit your money if they don’t accept the application.

Yes, let us keep track and hope other will join. TSC received my application 90 days from my 5 years hope that is fine. I have not received my receipt notice yet.

I also had my interview date for tomorrow 4/1/09
Got a call today morning saying that it is cancelled/descheduled :mad:
so1994 - Did you get a call or did you get a letter from USCIS
Maybe I should just go there with my appointment letter and say that I did not know about the cancellation.

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was scheduled first on 4/1/2009. I received a cancellation letter on 3/18/2009. I contacted my senator, rep and the ombudsman. My rep women contacted USCIS on my behave sometime around 3/22/2009. On 3/24/3009 USCIS sent me a letter and scheduled my new interview on 3/31/2009. On 3/26/2009 I received a call from USCIS stating that my new interview on 3/31/2009 was cancelled because my security check was not completed.