Talked with IIO (May 2, 2002 at 9:10 PDT) Wanted to Update the Board

kalyank

Registered Users (C)
Gang,

Waiting for my wife to come back from her office to bring back my set of keys (accidentaly she took both sets of keys), I thought let me call VSC and find out whats happening with my 485.

After pressing "SEND" and "END" close to a dozen times on my cell I got through and the AVM still singing the old Song "recieved FP on JAN 10 and the process resumed" so I pressed 0 to talk with a rep. After 10 min or so wait, rep comes on line.

After the regular good mornings,

me: I am calling to find out about the status of my 485 application
she: Could I have your A number?
me : I am sorry I dont have my A number with me right now would EAC be alright?!
she: Thats fine!!!
me : EAC 01 239 5XXXX
she : Please hold ..........
she : Your case has been assigned to an officer you should be hearing with in the next two weeks. Your Finger prints are all fine and everything else is alright.
she : Are you still at the same address 4759 XXXXXX Ct.?
me : Yes
me : If my case is assigned to an officer does that mean my wifes also.?
she : Yes they both go simultaneously or (something to this affect)
me : Thank you for your time.

For some reason I am some what relieved, dont know why? I guess mostly because I have been tired of listening to the same message in the AVM, and I now know that its at least with an officer.

Its been six years I last spoke with an INS officer, last time I spoke in 96 I was waiting for Practical Training Card (The EAD card they give after MS).

I get to work finally to see that there are more than few approvals in the last couple of days. Hopefully the trend remains and all of who are waiting gets approved pretty soon.

Good luck to all of you..

Cheers
Kalyan

PS KALYANK is Same as KALYANAK

I am in the MILK LIST WITH KALYANAK USER NAME

Hello Peter,

my Details once again are,

PD 4/98
EB3, INDIA
RD July 2 2001
ND August 6 2001
FP November 29 2001