talked with an IIO this morning

zm38

Registered Users (C)
I had my 2nd FP taken on 12/30/03 and called FBI today and confirmed they have processed it and sent to USCIS. Then I called the USCIS 1-800 number to check my status. My online status keeps the same since I filed my I-485 in March 02. A lady IIO checked my case and repeated what I saw online. She said they (NSC) are currently working on Aug/2001 cases and are very busy. When I mentioned that some people with 04/01 ND got approved recently, she said every case is treated individually strictly according to the order of application and she can not explain why someone got approval earlier. She refused to give me an estimate of my possible approval and she did not find whether they have received my 2nd FP, that she said may sometimes does not show up. She is polite but tough. I had to hang up without any outcome.

I am wondering whether it is wise to contact the senator now. Or should I hold and see for a while? Your comments are appreciated.

RD 03/19/2002
ND 04/13/2002
1st FP 06/25/2002
2nd FP 12/30/2003
No RFE yet. Online info never changed since the first day.
:mad:

Hi.

I am in a similar situation
RD March 02.

Going tohave 2nd FP on Friday. In Detroit.

where are you based out of?

which number did you call FBI to get the information.?
Did you get an RFE also?

Second FP

I am having my second FP on Jan 14 and 485 interview Jan 22. They seem too close together. Something screwy going on.

The number to call for your FP status at FBI is 304 625 5590. You can call the second or the third day after your did your FP. Mine was sent to BCIS the same day they did my FP back in Nov last year.

and FunkyJunky, I don't think you need to worry too much. BCIS would receive your FP from FBI within a day or two after it's done. I think it is perfect timing for you. I timed to get my FP result and my RFE reply back to BCIS about same time and I thought that will trigle them to look at my case and when they look at it, everything they needed are there, therefore they have no reason to put it aside again, and you know what happened after that. So relax mate, your time is really close, I think.

Hey Wandergirl,

What RFE did you get?
I am going for 2nd FP tommorrow. but no RFE .. so does that mean, once they receive my 2nd FP, it should be in a position to further process. Is there any order like
FP notice then RFE or viceversa?

Just wondering
thanks

2nd FP

I'm in same boat but only diff. is I'm still waiting for any kind of notice or documents from NSC.

My RD is 01/07/2002 & ND 01/10/2002 and My FP was done in FEB 2002 and still as on this date nothing.

So, I called 1-800-number and talked to IIO and she said I've to write letter to NSC and explain the situation.

Only GOD knows whats going on at NSC.

But I'm planning to call Senator/Congressman in next few days.

Originally posted by sonygeetu
Hey Wandergirl,

What RFE did you get?
I am going for 2nd FP tommorrow. but no RFE .. so does that mean, once they receive my 2nd FP, it should be in a position to further process. Is there any order like
FP notice then RFE or viceversa?

Just wondering
thanks

I don't believe there is an order for FP and RFE as far as which come first. I know you might don't get RFE at all, but it seems very rare from what we've seen for the past year. I do believe, however, once you get your FP done, your case will be back in process, again, many people wait for a long time without further change after they've done their 2nd FP. Just keep your good spirit, believe or not, somebody is looking at your case right now.

I had my 2nd FP taken on 10/22/03 and then called FBI and got confirmation that they have processed it and sent to USCIS. Then I called the USCIS 1-800 number to check my status yesterday. My online status keeps the same since my Ist fingerprint status updated on 23rd April 02. A lady IIO checked my case and repeated what I saw online. She said they (NSC) are currently working on August 2001 cases. When I mentioned that some people after my receipt date got approved recently, she said every case is treated individually. She said online message system is screwed up. When I asked when it is gonna be fixed , She said she do not have any Idea about it.

reciept date 27-feb-02
notice date 22-Mar-02
Ist FP 12-apr-02
2nd FP done 22-oct-03
2nd FP Sched 06-dec-03
AD ?????????

Mittu.

Hi Mittu:

Looks like you and I share the same story and I am sure there are many others in the same boat. Let's hold on and see.

My understanding is that they don't update on line status for your second FP. I've never heard anybody said their 2nd FP updated on line (I might over look this one). My on line status had been keep up with the event (what's going on with my case) pretty good. keep faith, and your time is getting closer everyday.

They even don't update the FIRST FP status on line. I had my first FP done for almost one year, the on line status is still the very begining one "You application....was received on ......". I have ever posted this message before, it seemed that many people had this issue.:mad:

Hello Mittu

My dates are also same as u..

reciept date 27-feb-02
notice date 22-Mar-02
Ist FP May 2002
2nd FP done Jan 2003

I am from Michigan and EB2, How about u
my LIN starts with LIN02140, are you on the same boat ??