Talked twice to IO on 07/24 - Who do I believe?

gc_wisc

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

First conversation with an IO:

Told her the specifics of my case and enlightened her that a lot of newer cases were approved. I then asked her if everything was ok with my case and if all the checks have cleared. She said that I was stuck in Name Check.

Second conversation with an IO:

Told her the specifics of my case and enlightened her that a lot of newer cases were approved. I then asked her if everything was ok with my case.
She replied that 18,000 cases were moved to the staging area on June 1st and they are still working through the cases. I asked me if my name check had cleared and she mentioned that they DO NOT have access to find that out. She mentioned that cases are moved to the staging area if they are close to completion and that I should be happy about it.

Who do I believe? One says that it is in Name Check and the other says that they can't see it.

Load of Crap.

PD: June 2003
485 RD: Oct. 2004.
EB3

From my experiences talking to IOs, most of them will tell you whether your NC is cleared without your asking them. If you specifically ask them about your NC, they instead will not be forthcoming.

My suggestions:
1. talk to different IO
or
2. use Infopass

In short... they didn't actually checking in your case. Those were robot and if you press the right button, they give you a set explaniations.

when i called IO told my case is one among 18000, and i asked when it will be approved, she asked me to hold, and informed me im going thru security checks and eventhough my application is in staging area, it wont be approved

called again, different io said same thing - security check. frustrating.

I called USCIS today and found out that my name check is still pending. :mad:

Interestingly when my wife called yesterday, they said her name check is cleared and my case status looks the same ??!!:confused:

And now I have to apply for my 4th EAD & AP

Just talked to IO he told me the file is moving target and he mentioned he tell anything more if the file is moving around. Anybody got this kind of message or what it means.
EB3 india
RD 485 JUN 03.
4th EAD...

It depends on Whom you call. IF you had called the NSC IO officer, what he says may be true. On the other hand if your call was routed to customer service, then they cannot check if NC is cleared. They rather ask 'You' if your checks were clear.... Do not worry if the reply from customer service. Before you were connected, it would specifically say 'You reached Nebraska service center'