Talked to NSC officer today. NC is done.

May 23rd

I called them on May 23rd, but the thing is, I requested them to approve my case using "Cross-Chargeability" on May 01st, since my wife was born in non-retro country. From June1st, my PD also became current. No idea, what's goin on.

Infopass appmnt

I went to Infopass appmnt and the lady informed me that my namecheck etc are completed ..She actually called NSC and enquired about my case as it is current now..She was informed that it is waiting to be assigned to an officer and so she asked me to check back later in 60 days or so ...Atleast the infopass experience was comforting..

PD - Dec 2002
485 RD - July 2003

I had infopass appointment and i m very disappointed.

Lady was kind of rude. I just told her My dates are current and want to know status of my Application. She said its under review. I asked about my name check and she told me that Your application is under review thats all I can tell you.

I m sure now that I m victim of namecheck and I already contacted senator about it but no reply from him

Very bad day to start with.

Try again another day. All of them are not mean.. Only some

I had infopass appointment and i m very disappointed.

Lady was kind of rude. I just told her My dates are current and want to know status of my Application. She said its under review. I asked about my name check and she told me that Your application is under review thats all I can tell you.

I m sure now that I m victim of namecheck and I already contacted senator about it but no reply from him

Very bad day to start with.

under review

does anyone know what is the meaning of under reviwe? is it with officer for review or more checks are pending? Anyone?

Yes its a good thing as far as the information I have from IO.
Last week I had called and the IO told me that all checks are cleared and its under review with an IO. I asked her again particularly about name check, she said that name check, sercurity checks are all cleared and unless all the checks are cleared it wont be assigned to an officer for review.

SO bottom line, if its under review with an officer that means all checks are cleared.

Also, take another infopass appointment.

my 2 cents.

Not really.

Talked to officer at NSC just now and she said yeah your name check is still pending. Its not doneby our agency so we don't have any control over it. we can't do anything.

Lets see what senator replies, I have no hope from him too.

Spoke to NSC Service Rep

Hi,

I just spoke to NSC service rep and I was told by her that, my case is ready to assign to an officer? All the checks are cleared.
So, anybody has an idea how long would it take to assign to an officer? Also, anybody got the same response when you called NSC?

Thanks.
My case details:
PD - 6/02.
485 ND: 04/03
LUD: 8/19/06

I just spoke to NSC service rep and I was told by her that, my case is All cleared. But said that there are currently 60,000 visa current case pending, be patient. If I don't hear anything in 60 days call back.

EB3, china
My case details:
PD - 4/03.
485 ND: 10/03

You should have asked if your case is assigned to an officer. Althought all your checks are cleared, but still in waiting queue until assigned to an officer. I see your PD is after mine ( Mine PD Jan/2002) althought your RD is before mine (Mine 10/2006). The office told my case is assigned .

My guess is that at NSC the PD is also counted when they pick the case from queue line to give to officer. Any thoughts ?

I just spoke to NSC service rep and I was told by her that, my case is All cleared. But said that there are currently 60,000 visa current case pending, be patient. If I don't hear anything in 60 days call back.

EB3, china
My case details:
PD - 4/03.
485 ND: 10/03

stuck in name check

My application is also stuck in back ground check. I called NSC on June11 . I talked to immigration officer. My back ground check has been pending from July2005.

My name is long south indian name.There is no way could be a match. Unless they also match parts of the name.

I have no idea how to express frustration :)
I had called NSC last week and the lady said all my checks are cleared and has been assigned to an officer for review.
Today I had an infopass appointment that I took some time back and the person there says that my name check is pending.
The best way I could express my frustration was to exit out silently with out asking a single question as it is just hopeless.

Any ways, i think enough is enough and can onto normal lifes :)

Don't know what to believe. Last month I took infopass appointment and got response that my NC is pending. I called NSC couple of times, My NC is cleared. Today I took infopass again and got reply its under review. I asked what it means she said its under review, I can't tell anything else.

I also walked out thanking her for nothing.

Talked to NSC - Name check done - PD of Jan, 2002

You should have asked if your case is assigned to an officer. Althought all your checks are cleared, but still in waiting queue until assigned to an officer. I see your PD is after mine ( Mine PD Jan/2002) althought your RD is before mine (Mine 10/2006). The office told my case is assigned .

My guess is that at NSC the PD is also counted when they pick the case from queue line to give to officer. Any thoughts ?

I called NSC today and spoke to a lady (not sure if customer service or immigration office). She said that name check and all security clearance are done and it's waiting to be assigned to an office and that can take from 60 to 90 days.

I have still taken the infopass appointment to confirm name check as well as to see if that helps in assignment of the case to officer.

I have seen many approvals recently with PD as well as RD date later then mine but not sure if I can do anything about it.

I talked to a nice lady yesterday at NSC and she looked at my case and said everything was clear. She also said my case is in transit to an officer for review and i should hear something in 30-60 days.

Does anyone know how long it would take for them to adjudicate, after it reaches an officer? Does it really take 30-60 days? I think I read it somewhere here that it will only take an officer an hour to adjudicate a typical case.

I still don't have an LUDs. :confused:

Different Response Every Time..Bar Bar Dekho...

It seems like we are all getting different views from NSC :D

One thing is common...no one is getting approval..:)

Good luck...fighters...Keep calling...may be someone at NSC customer service is going to get frustated by getting zillions calls..and start approval...it is called wishful thinking...:cool:

how frequently can we call 800 number? Somewhere on site they have mentioed to call only after 60 days from previous requests. If I call now would they create any problem?
I called last month in the middle but want to call again in case my NC is cleared or not.