Talked to NSC officer today. NC is done.

That makes us three for now, Yesterday infopass lady told me everything is done and preadjudicated, today the customer service at NSC tells me security check pending.

I dont know what game they are playing.

EB3 - INDIA- NSC - AUG 2002

same thing with my case

Yesterday I went to infopass. Oficer told me that my case is preadjudicated and also name check pending. My wifes name check is done. He also said that I am close to approval. I don't know exactly what to interpret from his words.

--------------
EB3 India
Txfer March-07 CSC to NSC
I485 ND 03/2005
I140AD 06/2005

I called up that number given i the thead.
This officer(?) picked up phone and took my info and said.......

you case is xferred to NSC on Mar 2, 2007. NSC is processing AUG 2006.
My new RD is MAR 2, 2007 and I've to wait until NSC process MAR 2, 2007...

Just tried, does NOT work. The CSR said she did not have access to the NC info.

Sorry, it didn't work for you. It may depend on the CSR since I got my name check status by trying this process.

I am just hoping this pending name check is just a matter of few days, originating from the last FP (#2) rather than something which was sent by USCIS years ago! Fingers crossed!

I called up that number given i the thead.
This officer(?) picked up phone and took my info and said.......

you case is xferred to NSC on Mar 2, 2007. NSC is processing AUG 2006.
My new RD is MAR 2, 2007 and I've to wait until NSC process MAR 2, 2007...

Don't worry about it...thats obviously not true since so many cases just got approved. Ignore the dumb CSR.

name check

I followed the same steps given in the first item of this thread :)
1-800-375-5283

press 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..
wait for the automated status message then. select.3..4

I spoke to a lady officer and I told her that , I had called FBI and they said that
finger printing was cleared and sent back to USCIS on april 28,2007 (which is the same date on we took our 2nd finger printing) and FBI rep did not give details and asked me to call NSC for more details and here I am calling you. She said that my NC is cleared and its for review with an Officer and it would take few weeks :(
I asked her again to confirm if my Namecheck is cleared. She told me clearly that unless some ones Namecheck is not cleared the pending case would not go for review to an officer.

Any comments from the experts on that?
I plan to check the same via infopass appointment as well.

Transferred to NSC : Feb 14,2007
2nd finger printing : 04/28/2007
LUD (stating case pending at NSC) : 04/04/2007

Don't worry about it...thats obviously not true since so many cases just got approved. Ignore the dumb CSR.

In fact that could be true(we cannot ignore the dumb CSR :) ) .When you call the 1800 # to reach USCIS and after some drill on the automated message you will hear that message saying that the cases will be processed based on when the case was traferred to NSC.

gb04,

I don't see any cases transferred from CSC to NSC aproved, after June1st:(

When I called USCIS, She told me all the checks were cleared and waiting for Case to be assigned to an IO.

I guess Transferred cases are reviewed twice, By CSC and NSC :mad:

gb04,

I don't see any cases transferred from CSC to NSC aproved, after June1st:(

When I called USCIS, She told me all the checks were cleared and waiting for Case to be assigned to an IO.

I guess Transferred cases are reviewed twice, By CSC and NSC :mad:

My apologies for giving out "wrong" or uninformed answers. Actually I did not realize that I was in Nebraska forums...must've found this topic through search. My case has been transferred to TSC from VSC and tens of cases have been approved since June 1st whose files were transferred around the month of March this year. And these tens of cases are only who are active members of these forums (the TSC forum that is). So in reality lot more cases were processed and approved.

So let me qualify my statement by saying that at least in TSC, they are going either by RD/ND or PD but definitely not by transfer date. Infact, some cases got approved ahead of some unfortunate candidates who were originally from TSC (not transferred) and had earlier RD/ND/PDs. So in TSC, there is some randomness to how the cases are getting adjudicated but still, the transfer dates seems irrelevant there.

Sorry again to mislead you all since I have no idea how NSC works though you would think they should follow the more logical approach of TSC. My thoughts earlier on why I think its so obviously illogical and unfair: http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1673594&postcount=27

Just called NSC and found out that stuck in Name Check

I just called Nebraska - lady answered the phone, was very polite and said that the case is stuck in FBI name check. :( :( :(

for 3 years? We are from Russia and our last name is not very popular...
My parents with the same last name became US citizens this year, how come our name check hasn't cleared yet?

I'm so frustrated and mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please suggest what can be done to resolve this name check issue. Any help and advise is appreciated!!!!

spoke with the officer following the number given in the thread...She told me that everything is looks ok and its waiting for officer to be picked up..its not assigned to officer yet thou...Also she informed me that some 3000 cases have become current in this month..I donno if she just cameup with that number or its a real number

I called 800 number and followed the sequence today. A nice gentleman picked up. However, he told me that anything about name check is NOW an internal process, and he wouldn't check anything for me. He then told me how to submit an inquiry through the same 800 number. Nice conversation, but disappointed.

called again...

Actually I started this thread.

Today I called again NSC and an CSR attended my call. She said that everything is okay in your case, I will send a request to assign to an officer. I don't know, what NSC does?

PD: 09/2002 (own labor)
485 RD: 10/2003
Gave 5th time finger print (code1) last Wednesday.

I had called NSC Yesterday ,June 7th and was lucky to get to a nice lady(nice becoz she gave me good answer :) )
I told her that my FP were done long back and I am confused about my name check process as I have no where to check. She put me on hold and she came back and told me that all my checks are cleared and its under review with an Officer. I asked her specifally about namecheck again as she didnt use the word name check in her reply to me,she then told me that, unless all checks are cleared it wont be assigned to an officer.I asked her that includes name check? :) she said yes. she might have thought what a dum ass :)

But this morning I had my wife call the same number,same sequence, one guy picked up and refused to give any information and asked to call 1800 # and with some options to create a Service Request.

I had called NSC Yesterday ,June 7th and was lucky to get to a nice lady(nice becoz she gave me good answer :) )
I told her that my FP were done long back and I am confused about my name check process as I have no where to check. She put me on hold and she came back and told me that all my checks are cleared and its under review with an Officer. I asked her specifally about namecheck again as she didnt use the word name check in her reply to me,she then told me that, unless all checks are cleared it wont be assigned to an officer.I asked her that includes name check? :) she said yes. she might have thought what a dum ass :)

But this morning I had my wife call the same number,same sequence, one guy picked up and refused to give any information and asked to call 1800 # and with some options to create a Service Request.

My Dates:
PD : April 02,2002
I 485 RD: May 11 2005
Transfer to NSC: Feb 14,2007

Last Update(General update) : 04/04/2007

FP : 04/28/2007

My NC cleared today

Talked to very nice lady at NSC today. My NC is cleared, and my I-485 case is assigned to an officer the same day . She told my case will be processed in 30-60 business days. Very nice lady !