Talked to NSC officer today. NC is done.

skp19722003

Registered Users (C)
I'm very fortunate that I got the line to talk to NSC office. He said that my NC is done and waiting for visa numbers from state dept. My PD is current from today. Officer is very nice and spent 15 minutes with me.

1-800-375-5283

press 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..
wait for the automated status message then. select.3..4

I'm very fortunate that I got the line to talk to NSC office. He said that my NC is done and waiting for visa numbers from state dept. My PD is current from today. Officer is very nice and spent 15 minutes with me.

1-800-375-5283

press 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..
wait for the automated status message then. select.3..4

Cute. Do we have to be lucky to get to officer or we can always get to office if we follow your drill?

yes

I have called many times, it went to customer service and they won't tell anything. Today officer checked all the details and told me my name check is done.

Waiting for PD?

hi, just to clarify, does that mean that you have not yet been issued an A#?

Just did FP last may 30 and in my notice I already have A#...wondering if that means I have been assigned an immigrant visa...is that a good sign or can they still take back A# in case something comes up with my application?:confused:

appreciate any reply, i am just a newbie with all these GC issues..:D

no idea?

I don't know, what did he mean. A# is different from visa number. Visa number is something which are alloted for each country. I got code 1 FP recently.

hi, just to clarify, does that mean that you have not yet been issued an A#?

Just did FP last may 30 and in my notice I already have A#...wondering if that means I have been assigned an immigrant visa...is that a good sign or can they still take back A# in case something comes up with my application?:confused:

appreciate any reply, i am just a newbie with all these GC issues..:D

I also did my FP code 1 recently. and according to officer at NSC my name check is done. and my file has not been assign to officer yet. donno whats going on.

No luck here!

I also used the same sequence of # and got a woman who said that she can only request a check on the status but cannot give any info on checks. I called them because my priority date and NSC's processing date have become current. She was not able to tell me anything about the name check, background check or any other types of checks. There should be some consistency in the amount/type of information that they provide to each person who calls that number. But hey, who am I talking about here..............I guess thats a little too much to ask for!

rep

I guess, you spoke to a rep, she didn't have access to all the info. Even I talked to a rep. sometime back and couldn't get any info.

I also used the same sequence of # and got a woman who said that she can only request a check on the status but cannot give any info on checks. I called them because my priority date and NSC's processing date have become current. She was not able to tell me anything about the name check, background check or any other types of checks. There should be some consistency in the amount/type of information that they provide to each person who calls that number. But hey, who am I talking about here..............I guess thats a little too much to ask for!

Hi skp,

Thank you for the response. So how do I make sure that I get an officer v/s a rep? Or it it just a matter of luck!

should answer

If an officer attend the call, he can able to answer all of your questions. Some officers won't tell you anything. It depends, luck.

Hi skp,

Thank you for the response. So how do I make sure that I get an officer v/s a rep? Or it it just a matter of luck!

If an officer attend the call, he can able to answer all of your questions. Some officers won't tell you anything. It depends, luck.

How do you know you are talking to an officer? Why would only some calls routed to officers .... mighty suspicious if you ask me..

I talked to an officer today. She said my case is pending due to security check. Is it the same as name check? When I took infopass last week, I was told that my name check is cleared. Just want to know how long would it take to clear security check....

thanks

Hey I also went once again yetserday in SFO with Infopass he checked my NC and he told its cleared long back from FBI ans just waiting for VISA Dates..only!!
So lets hope we get approvals!!

EB3 - India-NSC
PD - Nov 2002
I140 AD - 5/04
I485 RD - 5/04

How do you know you are talking to an officer? Why would only some calls routed to officers .... mighty suspicious if you ask me..

Just now i spoke with an Officer for change of address.

I think if the person doesn't tell their ID number its might be a officer (my guess). The last two time i called they told their ID first and were of no help.

But this time , the person didn't tell any ID just asked how could he help me.

Again its my guess.

Yesterday I called NSC and spoke to a lady. She told my case is with a officer for review. So when I asked again how long it will take? She told it will take quite a few weeks.

sd70

------------
PD DEC 2001, EB3
I485 RD SEP 2004
3rd FP on May 2007

I just talk to customer rep and after taking all the info she esclated to officer (I am not sure IO or not), she looked at my file and said "background check is pending"

on 3/25 I received a letter from USCIS saying that "waiting to assign to the IO and center is waiting for visa #"

I don't know what is going on. I initiated inquiry with my congresswomen also.

for me too

I just talk to customer rep and after taking all the info she esclated to officer (I am not sure IO or not), she looked at my file and said "background check is pending"

on 3/25 I received a letter from USCIS saying that "waiting to assign to the IO and center is waiting for visa #"

I don't know what is going on. I initiated inquiry with my congresswomen also.
That's exactly what has happened to me. I was told at the info pass that all the checks are cleared and when I called yest, IO told me that security check is pending. Don't know which one to believe:mad: :mad: :mad: .