Talked to NSC IIO

Puma

Registered Users (C)
I talked to IIO at NSC regarding my case ( PD 01/96, RD 04/09/00, ND 05/09/00, FP 01/26/01 )they said that there was a freeze in issuing approvals for Indian and chinese applicants ( though one can see so many approvals coming along ) and now that they have got the quotas increased they are approving from past 2 weeks. I am not sure as to what is happening. Any insights ???

No Title

Was it a Woman? Apparently the same stupid IIO said the same thing to another person who posted on Immitracker. It must be one of those confused ones or one of those who doesn\'t even bother to verify information.

Anyway, that is supposed to be for the other categories not Employment based as it can clearly be seen everything is current. So Dont worry about what the IIO said. It really doesn\'t help to find information from IIOs all the time. Seems like very few of them are good at their jobs. Unless you get lucky and get to talk to them, one never seems to get get info or help.

No Title

Hi Guys & Gals,
                I finally heard the magic words "This case has been approved" this morning when I tried the number which frustrated me over the last 16 months. Here are my details,

EB 2 RIR, India, PD 11/14/1997, Michigan Labor done June 1998 (yes ~8 months!!), Chicago DOL Labor cert done June 1999, I-140 done March 2000, I-485 RD 3/28/00; ND 4/26/00, FP 1/16/01, AD 7/16/01. No RFE, Contacted Congressman by e-mail 6/16/01, received e-mail answer 6/17/01, followed up 7/12/01, was told his office will follow up on 7/16/01, Looks like they did!

Hang in there folks.

No Title

Congratulations. Most likely, your case must have been in process even while you contacted Congressman, seems like NSC is trying to work backwards or maybe they have dedicated most of the Officers to work on old cases while few on new cases. Since it seems like more old cases are being approved than the new ones.

No Title

Hi DetroitWaiter,
                  It is possible that my case was already being adjudicated, but my wife\'s application is still pending and there seems to be no progress on her application. Unfortunately, when I contacted the congressman I did not include her application details. I hope INS will process applications expeditiously instead of making people wait for small morsels of information that are frequently misleading since there is no pattern in the adjudication process.

No Title

Hi Natarajan,
  Can you please tell the email address and other contacts for the Michigan congressman you contacted. I am also in Detroit Michigan and might have to contact the congressman if need be. Thanks. Can you please send me this info in Private message also on this chat board in case I lose this thread. Thanks again.

No Title

Well with INS, who knows man. I know of cases when they dont approve both at the same time. But dont worry she should be approved soon. Or else wait for a month or so and then try contacting congressman. Was it senator or congressman, by the way?

No Title

It was the Congressman - I got through to his e-mail address through one of the links in www.shusterman.com website. The date the Congressman\'s aide gave for their follow-up inquiry was the approval date! The case had earlier been with an adjudicating officer (according to the IIO) several times and no action was taken. It may be a coincidence but I do think it played a role. Hope the application for my wife\'s PR is approved soon. This board has been GREAT! I would have gone insane otherwise.