Talked to nice NSC officer - NC Cleared

rambaba

Registered Users (C)
Called 1-800-375-5283 at noon today to get status about my pending application, especially to check on name-check details.

Luckily I got connected to real NSC officer instead of a REP and the nice lady officer gave me all information I wanted.

Conversation:
HER : This is Nebraska Service Center. This is ... , how can I help you.
ME : Hi, I have couple of questions regarding my pending application.
HER : Ok, what is the receipt number

I gave my LIN #. In less than 10 seconds.....

HER : Hmm. Did your application just become current.
ME : Yes, effective last friday, June 1st.
HER : So you are one of the millions. {little laughter from both sides}

HER : Everything seems to be in order & complete and your application is waiting for it to get assigned to an officer. I will not be able to tell you how long it would take to adjudicate but probably 60-90 days.

ME : Ok, thanks. Just to confirm, are my NAME-CHECKS, FP or any other checks complete.
HER : Yes, everything is complete & clear and is waiting to get assigned to an officer.

ME : How about dependant. Can I ask about them or should they call.
HER : Usually dependants are adjudicated at the same time primary is done, unless there are any pending issues like name-check for them.

I thanked her for everything.

Wait time: < 3 minutes
Talk time: < 2 minutes (I dont want to hold her for long as there may be numerous people like me to talk to them)
Reason I believe its real NSC officer (not REP): They could give details about name-check and did not initially give their ID number.

Now that the NAME-CHECK hurdle is over, I keep my fingers crossed and waiting for the approval. Hope the PDs dont go back anytime soon. Now, I dont have any plans to initiate service request. In case PDs go back in July bulletin (which we would know by around 15th of this month) then I will create service-equiry-request. I dont want to bother them till then. I wish they could concentrate on approving all our cases than attending phone calls or type service-enquiry response letter (than approval letter).

Hope my application is assigned to an officer at the earliest and wish everyone the same.

Once after you talk to real NSC officer, how long does it normally take to get approved. Any real-time experiences from any ?

same conversation ...

Called 1-800-375-5283 at noon today to get status about my pending application, especially to check on name-check details.

Luckily I got connected to real NSC officer instead of a REP and the nice lady officer gave me all information I wanted.

Conversation:
HER : This is Nebraska Service Center. This is ... , how can I help you.
ME : Hi, I have couple of questions regarding my pending application.
HER : Ok, what is the receipt number

I gave my LIN #. In less than 10 seconds.....

HER : Hmm. Did your application just become current.
ME : Yes, effective last friday, June 1st.
HER : So you are one of the millions. {little laughter from both sides}

HER : Everything seems to be in order & complete and your application is waiting for it to get assigned to an officer. I will not be able to tell you how long it would take to adjudicate but probably 60-90 days.

ME : Ok, thanks. Just to confirm, are my NAME-CHECKS, FP or any other checks complete.
HER : Yes, everything is complete & clear and is waiting to get assigned to an officer.

ME : How about dependant. Can I ask about them or should they call.
HER : Usually dependants are adjudicated at the same time primary is done, unless there are any pending issues like name-check for them.

I thanked her for everything.

Wait time: < 3 minutes
Talk time: < 2 minutes (I dont want to hold her for long as there may be numerous people like me to talk to them)
Reason I believe its real NSC officer (not REP): They could give details about name-check and did not initially give their ID number.

Now that the NAME-CHECK hurdle is over, I keep my fingers crossed and waiting for the approval. Hope the PDs dont go back anytime soon. Now, I dont have any plans to initiate service request. In case PDs go back in July bulletin (which we would know by around 15th of this month) then I will create service-equiry-request. I dont want to bother them till then. I wish they could concentrate on approving all our cases than attending phone calls or type service-enquiry response letter (than approval letter).

Hope my application is assigned to an officer at the earliest and wish everyone the same.

Once after you talk to real NSC officer, how long does it normally take to get approved. Any real-time experiences from any ?

I had exactly the same conversation.. Lady was nice, responded with same answers.. I hope its not some very intelligent automated system.

I would rather wish that their sweetness in responding turns into swiftness of approving I-485 like their smart buddies in TSC. I can't believe it, as always my bad luck prevailed and my application got transferred to NSC 3 months ago.:mad: :mad: PLEASE Somebody wakeup these zombies in NSC.

checking status

Folks!

What options did you select after dialing 800-375-5283 to get in touch with human being? ... All I am getting is automated system. Does the time of the day one calls count???? ...pls suggest.

Appears like the NSC folks living in barn land have been abducted by aliens.

Cheers!

EB2 RIR, India PD12/04, I140-09/2006 ... simply waiting :rolleyes:

When you say luckily , how do you get to talk to Immigration officer instead of rep. In my case I always end up talking to rep, who is no more than a machine reading the same shitty message which is there online. What is the trick to get lucky, how do you if it is rep or immigration officer.

Guys

There is no guarantee that you get chance to talk to immigration officer. I dont have any clue how it gets connected to the immig-officers "sometimes".

Here is the number & the options anyway:

1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter RECEIPT-NUMBER and 1-1-3-4 (Got from this portal)

Traditional belief is that if the person gives their ID number then its REP, who just see what you see in online-case-status but would create service-enquiry request if you wish.

I spoke to NSC office today, he took my Receipt number and took sometime and said my namecheck is completed and my file is pulled from large cabinit to small cabinet and waitin for office to pickup the file to workon it.

I am not sure what exactly he ment, I think my file is waitin for NSC office to pickup the file and processes it

so all we can do now is pray

Guys

There is no guarantee that you get chance to talk to immigration officer. I dont have any clue how it gets connected to the immig-officers "sometimes".

Here is the number & the options anyway:

1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter RECEIPT-NUMBER and 1-1-3-4 (Got from this portal)

Traditional belief is that if the person gives their ID number then its REP, who just see what you see in online-case-status but would create service-enquiry request if you wish.
Thanks, you are the man....

Guys,
Thank you so much. I could reach to the immigration officer too. She said my NC is cleared but, my FP has expired. She said my FP will be re-scheduled within 30 to 45 days.