Talked to Infopass officer

Shakti Kapoor

Registered Users (C)
I went to see an immigration officer after taking infopass appointment. She was very nice. After seeing the case, she said the case has been put on an officers desk on 08/25. Can anyone give an estimate of how much time it should take for approval. She also said that the namecheck and FP are clear.

No LUD changes since 05/15.

Does anyone has knowledge as to why they are not looking at non-transfered (original) TSC cases?

Big mystery need to be solved :)

TSC don't have place to keep VSC cases , so they have to approve first VSC transferred cases :)

just kidding... god knows..

Does anyone has knowledge as to why they are not looking at non-transfered (original) TSC cases?

Big mystery need to be solved :)

My theory is you missed the bus (may be due to NC) when TSC was mass approving origial TSC cases with Later PD (with a excuse of VSC cases were not properly updated). Do something to trigger !

Yeah, you may be right Oops!.... I went beyond my capacity to get my NC cleared but it took longer then expected. I didn't bother to know about my NC until everything was current... I read somewhere that NC can take max 2 year... So after 2 years I was confident that my NC and all other check would have been completed.... so naive of me... believed in USCIS process (that time) :)

Anyway, lessons learned.... For newbies.....One should start Name Check inquiries after a month of 485 receipt date... Do everything you can to make it happen.

Good Luck!

hudakchullu:

I sent an email to FBI name check division in December 2004 before retrogression and got reply from them in June 2005 saying that result were forwarded for me in July 2004 and for my spouse in Jan 2004. now today i was at local office and talk to IO there about our Name Check she told our 2nd Name Check is pending since 2005. i have no clue till today every time i called and enquired about our name they told me its clear....don't know what to do

magic_mail,

I sympathies with you completely and hope you get out sooner. We all have witness cases which got approved a day later after knowing they are stuck in name check through TSC, INFOPASS, etc. As always USCIS is unpredictable/unreasonable/irrational/illogical/etc.etc. the list goes on. I still feel that once your NC is cleared than you should be good... the IO was very confident at INFOPASS and TSC call... I am pretty sure your case is similar to mine where 2 NC were requested. One is cleared and other is pending. Infact, the IO showed me the screen that my NC is pending but on request she looked again and assured me that NC is cleared.

I believe you have contacted the whole world like me/others.... If you have not done so then PLEASE do... or else nothing much to my knowledge you can do. Initiating regular SR could put some light on your case.... may be.

Lets not loose our hopes.... I am trying my best. Things happens for good.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to IO at infopass

Guy's

today i went to infopass in DC, to get some info about my case.
IO told me my case has been assigned to an officer yesterday, but i haven't seen any lud on I-485(last lud 05/08/07).
when i asked when can i expect my approval, she told anytime in between 30 to 100 days..

Hi Hudakchullu

magic_mail,

I sympathies with you completely and hope you get out sooner. We all have witness cases which got approved a day later after knowing they are stuck in name check through TSC, INFOPASS, etc. As always USCIS is unpredictable/unreasonable/irrational/illogical/etc.etc. the list goes on. I still feel that once your NC is cleared than you should be good... the IO was very confident at INFOPASS and TSC call... I am pretty sure your case is similar to mine where 2 NC were requested. One is cleared and other is pending. Infact, the IO showed me the screen that my NC is pending but on request she looked again and assured me that NC is cleared.

I believe you have contacted the whole world like me/others.... If you have not done so then PLEASE do... or else nothing much to my knowledge you can do. Initiating regular SR could put some light on your case.... may be.

Lets not loose our hopes.... I am trying my best. Things happens for good.

Good Luck!

Hi hello friends
me to same thing...
I went twcie to local office for Infopass they told me same time NC requested once cleared another (2) is pending...
when I called TSC one officer said NC is cleared 2 nd time another officer said NC is pending..
like that what we can do .... is it ok for one NC or needs to be 2 NC...
what is u r opinion...
thanks