Talked to IIO Today 07/14/2003

wwossen

Registered Users (C)
I talked to a very nice IIO today and actually he takes some time to check the status of my case. My case has been transferred to National Record center MO by mistake and I was wondering where my file might be until today. After a long talk with the BCIS customer service rep. and IIO after that. The IIO ask me my Receipt number and check my file and the answer he gave to me was every thing is fine and he said it will take 18 months to process my case. MY RD is 03/2002.. Is this a good news or what??

Regards,

Wondwossen

kdm

No except telling me everything in my file is fine? I don't know where my file is but it seems he found my case and he said it is just fine.

Regards,

My case is with INS for little more than 21 months and I am also a National Records Center transfree. Based on my status, their 18 months prediction seems to be unrealistic but you never know.

Kdm, are you from Michigan??? because me and wwossen are both from Michigan so I am guessing may be applicants from Michigan are subjected for special security review at the National Records Center.

I am from MI too and my case has been transferred to MO according to the letter sent by Nebraska. Have no clue where is my case now, hopefully still in US.:)

One guess for the current extra security check for applicants from MI is: They are afraid that the advanced technologies being used in Ford Focus or Chevy would be stolen by foreigners so that other international competitors like BMW or Toyota will be able to catch up their market share. Good for them!

I am from Michigan! I just hope when 22nd month is coming, they won't take another 6 months to get my file back!

kdm

I am already about to complete 23 months and no sign of approval.

My details:

RD : 08/22/01
ND : 09/21/01
FP : 03/09/02
RFE : NONE
AD : ?????????

It is confirmed that applicant cases from Michigan are transfered to MO. :mad:

Why we are subjected for security review. Is this because we have a border with Canada, but what about twenty other states that border with Canada or Mexico.

Please do not get frustrated , buddies. I am in Michigan and my case (RD: Oct. 2001 )was approved on July.2. I don't think it was sent to MO. for security review. Just hang in there, your turn will come.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting !:)

whatshappening

How are you doing those days my friend ?
Yes I am fine only our boat is sailing to another hemisphere. Till the time comes that I know where our boat is going to I said to myself just relax and wait what the BCIS captain says. Anyhow back to your question and I ask you this WHY MI?

As you know I am from Canada originally from ETHIOPIA (Africa) I am not insulting your intelligence on your Geography knowledge by saying Ethiopia is in Africa and I beg your pardon but I met many people here in US that even with no knowledge of the number of continents And the deference between a continent and a country.
I am sure you have the same experience about your country.

Back to your question again I have no Idea why MI from what I understand may be most active users in this web site are from MI. Or may be MI has more Middle East ppl than other states but I don’t think the second one is right.

sun66

Were your file transfered to National Record Center? If yes it is a very good news and I thankyou for the update.

It's for sure that they didn't transfer all files from Michigan to National records center, but they did send some there for some reasons or by mistake. The bad news is nobody knows where the files are.

And looks like this file transferring will make the long waiting even longer.

I'm not expecting NSC getting case processed in 12 months or 18 months. I hope when it's my turn after so very long waiting, they won't tell me your case can't be found.

Originally posted by rogertt2003
One guess for the current extra security check for applicants from MI is: They are afraid that the advanced technologies being used in Ford Focus or Chevy would be stolen by foreigners so that other international competitors like BMW or Toyota will be able to catch up their market share. Good for them!

You guess/think too much! You need to take a long vacation :D :D :D

I know there are always some exceptions as in the case with you sun66 but the question is WHY ALL MO TRANSFER CASES ARE FROM MI.

wwossen, It's nice to see that you have not lost your patience. U R right; eventually this waiting will end at sometime.

To whatshappening

Why not contact our Michigan senators to find it out for you? They are very helpful, especially the Honorable Debbie Stabenow's office.

Also From MI

My case and my wife's wer also sent to the MO center. I made a few calls to the help line and after speaking to a number of people, I concluded that they knew nothing. My Lawyer went to the Detroit local office to find out what the story was. BCIS Detroit said that this was a mistake that the files were being returned to NSC. I think the BCIS Detroit made that up and that they don't really know what is going on.

I also suspect that a whole batch of files were supposed to go to Detroit local office but were incorrectly sent to MO - BCIS just won't admit it. That explains why only MI cases were sent to MO.

May be the person who was reviewing our cases didn't know Michigan abbreviation and thought MO stands for Michigan. Just kidding!!!!!
:D

RD 08/22/01 must be a special date that BCIS people in Nebraska picked up for special screening. My RD is the same 08/22/01, I replied my RFE on 12/27/02 and still waiting.

Hi MO transfer buddies:

Here is some update. I checked my status online today and new message confirmed that NSC has received the application and the process will take 580 to 610 days to process this kind of application.

At least I am satisfied the application is back but wonder "Am I suppose to wait another 580-610 days for the approval":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

My case has been pending for more than 640 days and any further wait would be really very frustrating.

God helps us all.