talked to IIO this morning

brk

Registered Users (C)
I talked to IIO this morning about my 485 application (RD - 11/00, ND - 12/00, FP - 02/01). He told me that the INS got the FP results back from the FBI only on Apr 25 and was entered in the system. Does it usually take so long for the FP results to be entered in the system ? Did any of you have similar experiences ? Oh, BTW, the case has not still been assigned !

No Title

How did you get in touch with them? Their phone number seems to always be busy during business hours.

Mishonio

No Title

exact same answer I got when I called last friday. My FP was done on 02/23/01.
Best thing is stop calling and look your mail box.

No Title

Nutan & others:

My FP was done on 2/24/2001 and same answer from INS for me too. Let\'s just hope things improve ASAP.

Thanks

No Title

Can you please help me...
ND 10/00
FP 01/01

Received EAD and AP in january. Still waitng for 485 approval. I just talked to IIO and she said the case is not assigned to officer. Do\'t know what to do. Any body with ND in october 00 still waiting. I guess not.

No Title

Received EAD and PA in Feb\' 2001. Still waiting for 485 approval.
I am the primary applicant my wife done finger print 7 months ago but I didn\'t receive yet. Me and my wife ND in September 00 still I am waiting for my finger print. I am very frustrating.

No Title

My ND is in OCT 00 too. When I spoke with an IIO on May 7th 2001 he told me that my case was assigned to an officer and I should have a result within the next One week to Six months. I was almost about to laugh at the Huge time interval that he gave me( one week to six months). Anyways I did not and I am just waiting as to when my Approval will come in. I don\'t think I will be able to figure out how INS functions form within, since the order in which they process the cases is totally wierd. I mean a small difference here and there is Okay but a difference like cases for Jan 2001 are being approved and Oct and some cases even before Oct 2000 are in the Waiting Queue is something that I do not understand. That is why I have given up trying to understand the \'WAYS OF INS\'.

Sorry for the long paragraph. I got carried away (And its all INS\'s fault ;) ).

gchope

No Title

Nutan,
I did my FP on 02/27/01 and got my approval on May 3 - but I have called them at least 6-7 times in the last 3 weeks and also got my attorney to fax an official inquiry.
I wouldn\'t agree with you that \'stop calling\' is the solution - I think you should call more often. The more people call and fax their inquiries the better the chances of getting approved.
Well this is the way it worked for me so I would recommend everyone waiting on this board with current PD must start pushing for approval. With today\'s market one doesn\'t know what\'s gonna happen.

Good luck
-SerenityNow

No Title

No, they did not. Just my WAC#. They checked the system and told me that "your FP was recevied from INS on Apr 25 and is valid for 15 months".

No Title

well, it is not easy. Just keep trying. There are days when I gave up eventually after trying for a long time because I could not get through. I guess, I just got lucky yesterday.

No Title

Hi Mishonio,
Try calling between 8:30-9:00am - I always managed to get through during this time. If you get connected before 9:00am then you can play around with the automated system until it\'s time - which means as soon as it\'s 9:00am press 0 and you should be transferred to an IIO. You just have to be patient in re-dialing and waiting on the phone. The rule is to DIAL NON-STOP and you will get through.

Good luck
-SerenityNow

No Title

Mr Serinity Now: your intentions seem to be some thing wrong.
Why are you specifically insisting to CALL IIO.
Don\'t post wrong things and confuse every body.
Regular calling will make your case delayed this was proven fact as per previous discussions.

No Title

Nutan,
I do not have any wrong intentions for anyone on this discussion board. In fact this has been the most helpful, organized and well informed group of people with regards to immigration matters.
I am just sharing my experience the way it happened - if you don\'t like the way I did it then you don\'t have to follow my advise.

I wish you all the best with your case - hope you see an approval soon.

-SerenityNow

No Title

Sorry if I hurted you. Thanks for the wishes.
Previous discussions proved that our calls to IIO will be noted and may impact our case. This \'impact\' is bad according to some and good according to you.
Hope you are correct.

No Title

Nutan,

Where exactly did you hear on this discussion board that calling an IIO had a negative effect ??

No Title

there was a big discussion in the forum about talking to IIO frequently. It seems like CSC started tracking the calls. If you call them and ask similar sort of questions every other day, they may get pissed off. I am not blaming anybody. This topic was discussed sometime back. It is better to be careful. If there is a real problem, we should definitely call them.

No Title

Nutan,
I am not hurt at all - different people have different opinions that they voice on this board. The thing to remember is that no one is an expert at this - we are merely trying to unveil the mysterious ways that the INS works. I don\'t know of anyone on this board who had a bad impact on his/her case due to repetitive calling. If INS says they are processing cases for january and your case is older than that wouldn\'t that make you curious to find out why they skipped over your case? Just a point to ponder...

My best wishes to everyone on this board for a speedy approval
-SerenityNow