vscsucks

Registered Users (C)
My details are as below :

EB2 India (Supposed to be)
PD 10/98
RD 11/99
ND 12/99
FP 03/01

When I called INS this morning, I was told that my file is in "Visa Hold Shelf" and not assigned to an officer yet. She said they are procesing March 200 cases right now. Now the interesting part please :)

All these days I was told by my company that I am in EB2, although they never sent me any documents of I-140 or Labor so far (they say it is their policy) and I just believed them. But when I asked the IIO just to confirm my category,she took my A# and told that I am in Category 31,ie EB3
Category and hence my file is on Visa Hold Shelf. She even pulled out my I-140 and confirmed the same. I had to beleive her as she was anice and courteos lady.

When I called my company Immigration section, they still maintain that my I-140 is approved under EB2 and that the information given by IIO is wrong or INS has wrong information on their file. But my company said some thing about my Labor being filed in EB3. Now upon my insisitng they are ready to send my I-140 approval notice, but not Labor Certification.

After spending 6 years with this company, this is a real shocker to me today. So under these circumstances, I want to know what should be done. If there is really a mistake on INS part, how can it be corrected.

I appreciate your thoughts and views on this ???

Thanks in advance

No Title

It\'s painful to hear this...

To confirm wether it\'s EB2 or EB3...is your company willing to provide you a copy of the I-140 approval notice? If you can get that, you can clearly tell under which category your I-140 has been approved...

I know that it\'s a very very frustrating thing to hear...wish I could be of more help...

If it\'s not the company...it\'s INS...if it\'s not both of them, it\'s the Attorney who\'s out there to make your life miserable...this process is just incredibly painful and frustrating to say the least...

If it\'s indeed approved under EB2...then you can call the IIO and ask them to put your file in the correct shelf...

I remember reading one experience of an August 99 filer who waited for a looong time and after hearing nothing, he/she called up to find out what\'s going on....and the IIO said his/her date isn\'t current...which wasn\'t true...the IIO realised that and said that his/her file was put in the wrong place....and corrected that...and this person got the approval soon after this conversation with the IIO...

I don\'t remember the userid of this person...but, I distinctly remember reading this...

But, first...see if you can get a copy of the I-140 approval notice...

Srini

No Title

You dont need to worry so much. Check your 140 approval notice. If it says EB2, then reconfirm it with IIO by telling the details. Else, if it is filed under EB3, still your PD will become current in this month visa bulletin. So, you need to wait for one more month. What difference it makes, if it was approved in any category.

No Title

Hello vscsucks !

I am also in the same boat.
Case details : PD 5/98, EB2 India, RD/ND 9/99, FP 08/00 NO RFE

My labour, I-140 got approved in EB2. When I called IIO last month she told me that they are waiting for visa availability. But I told her that my case is EB2 which was current that time. But she told me again the same thing. When I called my lawyer he told me not to go by IIO. I am not sure whom to believe!! But now it is current for both the categories. It doesn\'t matter in which category they want to clear.

For ur case since it is going to be current by next month, it is wise to keep quiet than to argue with INS. It may delay the process further. You may consult your lawyer.

No Title

vscsucks,

can i ask you a question please ? do you work for a Pittsburgh,PA based company - the company that does not give away I140 receipt/EAC numbers ?

No Title

When you get the copy of the I140 notice, please post your findings in this thread.