Talked To IIO, RFE Ordered

Thank You Dee Rod

Thank you very much Dee Rod for your wishes. I\'ll keep you posted. I am not sure how long it takes for RFE to reach Officer.....

Good to know that you have replied to RFE.

Please keep us posted. Also please post if your AVM gets changed.
My lawyer haven\'t yet received the RFE. I am expecting either this week or next week.

Good luck.
Pban

Pban

I\'ll wait till early next week to check AVM as I guess it may take 10 days for them to update AVM with RFE received message. I\'ll sure keep you posted. Good Luck with your RFE, you\'ll get it soon. take care friend

You are on a good wicket

Going by recent posts it takes only a few days for the RFE reply to reach officer and get approval.

Thanks Scorpion Raj....

Haven\'t yet received RFE. Will call IIO if Lawyer doesn\'t get it by wed (2/27), because then it will be 14 days since RFE is issued.

Did your AVM change ?

-Pban

RFE Reply Not yet Received !!!

My AVM regarding RFE Reply has not been changed yet. Not sure how long they take to do that. As few cases mentioned, their AVM changed in a week about receiving RFE reply

How long it takes to receive RFE

Hi
 We mailed RFE reply on 02/15/02. My AVM is not yet updated for the RFE Received message. How long it takes for acknoledging RFE Reply? I have seen in some caes its just a week or two. Please post your views.

did u receive the RFE ?

I just heard that i received an RFE , how long did it take to get the RFE in ur case

dsm2sjc

My RFE was issued on 02/09 & my lawyer received it on 02/14. We sent reply on 02/15. Waitig for approval.

RFE Reply Received BY INS

Hi
I just check AVM (02/28/02 at 3:00 pm) & it says "On Feb 28th We have received RFE Reply.....". It\'s surprising that they updated the message today itself. Now ;ets hope I hear from INS soon. I\'ll keep you guys posted.

Good to hear that ScorpionRaj.

I think soon you will get approval.

I have one question : Did you also receive copy of RFE ?
My lawyer still has not received RFE. My lawyer has changed address, and I think he did notify change of address to INS for my case. I spoke to IIO today, and she told me applicant also receives copy of RFE.
If that is true, then you would also have received RFE at your home address.

Thanks
Pban

pban

my wife got rfe for 2 photographs for ead

the rfe was recd by lawyer in 7 days
It did not come to my residential address
Maybe you could call IIO and confirm address of lawyer - also u could ask IIO if they mailed it to your residential address and also confirm your address in their system

Has it been more than 14 days since rfe was issued - if so you definitely have to take action - You could ask your lawyer to send them a fax message

Do not let this go by very easily because you have 90 days to respond
and if no response 485 will be considered as abandoned

Thanks rsrgc.

Thanks rsrgc.
RFE was issued on Feb 13, so it 14 days are over.
My lawyer told me that he faxed to INS yesterday (2/27/02) (he did so after I e-mail him with strong words), and will follow up if he don\'t get response by friday (3/1/02).
I will again call IIO on coming Monday to confirm Lawyers address.

You are correct, I should take strong action on this.

Thanks again
--Pban

Pban

Sorry to reply you so late. Actaully, I didn\'t receive RFE copy. My lawyer gave me a copy for my records when I went to his office with RFE Reply. As INS received my reply, I am not sure how long it will take for approval. Any idea?

RFE Response received by INS

RD 4/1/2001, ND 4/23/2001, FP 10/9/2001

RFE
Issued - 2/9/2002
Received By Lawyer - 2/14/2002
Sent the response to Lawyer - 2/18/2002
Lawyer responded to INS - 2/20/2002
INS received and AVM updated - 3/4/2002

Waiting for approval...................

RFE received after faxing to INS

My lawyer got the RFE by fax after he sent fax to INS. Lawyer told me that he has a contact at INS and she faxed him the RFE. I think actual RFE was not received by Lawyer, as he changed his address.

RFE is for :
1. Certificate of non-availability of birth certificate.
2. 3 recent pay stubs.

Looks like INS is issuing RFE for those who have submitted affidavit in place of birth certificate (because birth certificate was not available).

RD : 4/30
ND : 6/28
RFE issued on Feb 13,2002
--Pban

Pban

Nice to hear that you finally received RFE papers. I hope you have the required paper & reply to RFE as early as possible. INS received my RFE reply on 02/28 & now waiting... don\'t know how long I need to wait.
Good luck buddy

RFE received by Lawyer , please clarify

hi,
my laywer received my RFE, the INS has requested the tax returns for 99,00,01 . and i have not filed my 01 taxes yet because my wife does not have a tax id or a SSN (She can get an ssn because she has EAD).
She applied for the SSN in feb,at that tiem they mentioned that it will take 2-4 weeks. now when we called Social security they say it takes about 2-3 months for non us citizens.
What should i do now ?
thanks for ur response