talked to IIO on May 8tth 3.30PM ( IGate case)

3Yrs and waiting

Registered Users (C)
I talked to a very nice officer yesterday evening - I am an IGate employee with the name change issue.Well here is the jist of what she told me:

My case is pending, it is put on hold because the 140 is filed under a different name than now. I told her that my company has already filed an ammended 140 with the new name. For that she said "They can do whatever it is they want but we cannot process such cases unless we get a guideline from HQ as to how to handle these cases" So I asked her what happens if the ammended 140 is approved?
IIO - We will still have your file on hold till we get clear instructions
ME - When are you expecting the guidelines?
IIO - Frankly I have no idea but you can call check in 45 to 60 days
ME - But I heard there are cases being approved inspite of the company name change
IIO - as far as my knowledge goes , all the cases with a company name different from the 140 is put on hold.
ME - can you give me a rough idea as to when I can see some light?
IIO - I surely can understand your frustration but I don\'t want to add on to it by giving you a false hope. Please be patien is all I can sy right now.
ME - Is there anything I can do from my side to speed things up?
IIO - it is all upto the HQ - all they have to do is decide what we should do.
ME - I guess things would have been moving faster had eh law not been passed
IIO - (laughs) I totally agree with you
ME - Bye and thanks
IIO - you have a good day!

THERE IS NO POINT CALLING UP VSC. ACCORDING TO THEM THEY WILL NOT TOUCH OUR FILES TILL HQ TELL THEM TO DO SO _ AMMENDED 140 OR NOT !!!!!!!!

No Title

Did you notify IGATE\'s LD about this? Yesterday I read on this forum that LD has notified employees who have received the notice to call VSC and give them the EAC #and ask them to "UNFREEZE" the case.

Have you received copy of receipt for I140 amendment ?

No Title

I think the IIO you talked to is totally wrong about this. Bhanu, who was active in this board had a similar problem. His amended 140 was approved but VSC did not remove the hold in his case. He contacted congressman and got the hold lifted and 485 was approved. According to INS regulations you can substitute I-140 on a pending 485 case (especially like if you have 140 from a different employer, different category etc.) So it is allowed to substitute I-140. Once I-140 is substituted your case is no more a company name change case (because new I-140 has correct company name) and it should be approved.

So next time you talk ask them to substitute old I-140 with the new one. They cannot refuse that. Better still get an attorney to call them and ask them to do that. They wont talk bullshit to attorneys.All this may be mute since according to many sources INS will come out with guidelines in a couple of weeks.