Talked to IIO on 9/23. Rd 9/4

venkatsx

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Today morning at 8 am my wife talked to the IIO. Well same old same old reply.

"We are currently processing sep 1 to sep 15 cases. Our case has not even been reviewed yet so it might take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months to get approved. All depends on the workload they have.

Regarding EAD renewal she said it takes between 60 to 90 days for approval" and left the us to decide for ourselves.

I wonder when the approval will come.

RD: Sep 4 2001
ND: Nov 6 2001
AD: ??????????

Don't believe a word they say. I got the same standard reply approximately two weeks before I was approved. Besides, my case was approved on Aug. 16 and my RD is 9/19. This means their reply of working on cases before Sep. 15 is bogus considering that 9/19 (and a lot of last week of sept RD cases I met during stamping) were approved during the second week of August. Just hang in there. You'll get your approval.

I just mailed my EAD renewal based on your info, thanx for sharing

Thank you so much ! your message is exactly what I wanted to hear, it saved my call. I just wend down to the mail room and mailed my application of EAD renewal !

Rao thanks for your reply. It is a kind of moral booster keeping my hopes alive.

I am just going to wait for some more time, probably end of this month to send in my EAD renewal.

Yesterday I was so frustrated :mad: that I told my wife that probably at the age of 55 I will tell you that,

"Dear I am going to the INS office to get our H1 extension done and also call the INS Vermont to find out the status of our GC"

another proof not to trust them...

On 9/18, I spoke to an IIO, and he said they were process upto 9/15 and suggested that I renew my EAD 'just in case an RFE is issued'. I mailed my EAD renewal the same day.

On 9/19, I heard my approval!

Net result: wasted 240 bucks. (gosh, when will I get over it! :eek:)

LOL..... really funny, although, represents true feelings of most people on this board including me....:)

Originally posted by venkatsx
Yesterday I was so frustrated :mad: that I told my wife that probably at the age of 55 I will tell you that,

"Dear I am going to the INS office to get our H1 extension done and also call the INS Vermont to find out the status of our GC"

To Ramukv:

Congratulations on your approval!!

Regarding $240/- If they are your personal checks, you should be abel to put a stop on them.. INS has no business cashing those as you are already approved.. It feels like David vs Goliath but if you think you can handle it then go for it(especially if you have your passport stamped by then, and you have ALWAYS been on the right side of the law i.e. never went out of status, still have job, continue to keep it etc. etc.)

OR if you don't want the hassel / employer reimburses you for it, then just let it slide

good luck with the future

Originally posted by ramukv
On 9/18, I spoke to an IIO, and he said they were process upto 9/15 and suggested that I renew my EAD 'just in case an RFE is issued'. I mailed my EAD renewal the same day.

On 9/19, I heard my approval!

Net result: wasted 240 bucks. (gosh, when will I get over it! :eek:)