Talked to IIO NSC Yesterday

NSC485Waiter

Registered Users (C)
After 30 mins of wait time on phone, I was able to talk to an IIO at NSC.
He says the case is not Assigned to the officer Yet. I mentioned the
NSC Report, which is showing the 485 processing times as 10/25/01. He said
that\'s correct and that is their Average Processing times and the each case is different. He looked at the file and said there is no problem in it and may hear within 2 to 3 months. God Bless US!!!!!

case detaitls: Lin-00-271-5XXXX, ND 09/29/00 FP 03/29/01.

****I called them because one of my friend from India,EB2 with ND in OCT00 second week case got approved on 10/15/01.

Some guy with ND 11/02 got approved

And he/she is from Detorit. according to immitracker chat board.

No Title

LIN represents the ND not the RD. At least this is how it is in my case.

9/13 ND would be LIN 257. According to you, your LIN is 276 so your ND should be 10/2/2000 and that is the date the AVM should tell you.

Unless I am missing something...

No Title

I cannot help to think that NSC is putting higher priority on EB2. Most of the cases that are being approved lately are EB2. I submitted my application at last week of September, 2000, and received notification a month later. And of course, my case is EB3, and country is Other. My priority date is April 1997. What is so depressing is that my friend with priority date of 1998 got her case approved a month ago. I am happy for her, and start to losing hope. I am sure there are a lot of people in the same boat.

But, I think the preferential treatment is for US Degree

But, I think the preferential treatment is for US degree not as much for EB2 vs EB3; or may be both.

Venkat

hi Venkat Rangachari : would you explain more?

hi Venkat Rangachari :

what do you mean? the applicants with US degree will be processed
first?

Degree or EB doesn\'t matter !!!!

couple of my friends cases(EB2) are still pending from Apr&May00.
and mine is in Sept00 and there are lot like me with EB2 pending.
the Latest approved case as I mentioned was also EB2. None of all
these cases have US Degree and All are of EB2.
INS process looks like a Crazy stuff. No one knows why they are
processing OCT cases while there are significant number of August & Sept cases (according to this forum), which are not even assigned to the officer.
Again, Is there any criteria..... Only God knows not the INS.

Degree is the last thing they care about !

You just can\'t figure what is the basis of approvals. Even RDs/NDs do not count sometime.

Degree does not matter but maybe state matters

RD 05/2000
ND 06/2000
EB2 India
Chicago
I have a US degree(masters) and they have not assigned my case to an officer. Are there people who have got approval around 03/2000 - 06/2000 and are from Chicago. I have seen a lot of approvals for people from Detroit

No Title

EB2 VS EB3 is not an issue. US degree is not an issue (which I agree too). I hear some people said that NSC operates on batch mode. And it is up to the office to pick whatever case he or she want within a given batch. I hate to think that is true. I suppose there is no point of speculate what the process criteria. Maybe luck plays a major part. Oh, well! "Friend" is on. It is TV time. For all those long suffer souls, hang it there.

No Title

NSC Waiter, What is your PD? Looks like if they are not going by RD/ND or by EB2 or EB3, I have a feeling that they are processing by PD. If you have noticed that people with 96/97 PD for EB3 are the only ones that I see getting approved. What do you think?

PD is also not the criteria

Iv1,
My PD is 3rd week of June,99 (I don\'t remember the exact day).
PD for the Approved case(friend\'s one) is : 4th week of July.