talked to IIO, AVM never changed after they got my response of RFE(fingerprint fee in June 01)

Steve Hu

Registered Users (C)
guys, pls advice, my RD Mar. 01, but INS asked for fingerprint fee, and got my response in June, 01, then nothing happens, until Jan., after my numberous calls, fingerprint notice came, did it three weeks ago. The AVM still the same as in June when they received fingerprint fee as RFE. I talked to IIO, she said, just keep calling we will let you know the most updated info., Seems lots of folks talking about reveiw resume after FP, I am worrying my case, does AVM really matter? thanks

Don\'t worry . . .

. . . well, as if you could stop worrying. Anyway, it seems that older cases, like March don\'t normally get these changes to pending review and processing resumed. It seems there were some changes to the processing of finger prints around the second half of last year. For a while some people were getting double notices. Again, being your case from March I would not worry about the lack of update to the AVM.

If you want to keep on top of your case you can call the IIO weekly or every couple of weeks, whatever you deem appropriate. It would be good if you call them just to make sure that they received the results of your fingerprints, the background checks are done, your case is ready to be adjudicated, in the hands of an officer, the stuff that most people try to find from an IIO.

My 2 cents.

does INS get both FP and background check from FBI at the same time? what else they need from FBI?

Huracan, thansk for your message. does INS get both FP and background check from FBI at the same time? what else they need from FBI? when I talked to IIO, she said FP quality is good, but I did not ask for background check, she said case is not assigned to officer yet. my case is WAC-01-137-xxxx, it seems I am far behhind most folks. thanks for the advice.

That\'s a fair question

What I know is from postings made by other people. I think what you say is good news so far. The process the way I understand is like follows:

One goes to do the finger print. FBI sends the result back pretty quickly (2 or 3 days I think, specially if it is electronic fingerprint I believe). After they get the results and the quality is good I think there is a secondary process of background check (some people talk about CIA, local government, something like this). My impression is that this background check can take around a month or so. I am not sure if this only happens after finger print, or if it is done in parallel or before FP, perhaps someone who knows more than me can answer you that.

Other thing I have seemed to notice is that INS seems to process fairly quickly some cases similar to yours, either with RFE or some other problem made one of the steps of the process late. My guess is that you can get a decission soon.

If you call the IIO again you can try to ask if your case is adjudication ready, and if all the background checks have been done.

My 2 cents again.

Huracan, thanks a lot for your detailed reply regarding both FP and background check, other people w