Talked to IIO at 3:00 PM - RD 10/30/2001

DoubleGC

Registered Users (C)
What a nice lady she was, patiently and calmly answered all of my questions. What I heard this time was totally different from before.
When I had called last time the officer said my file has to be brought from the file room(I am quiet not sure what he really meant), my 140 was approved for CP. I kind of heard from this board and others, file room means NVC. This time the officer said, the previous IIO has pulled my file and it is on his desk. Security checks will be done when the actual adjucation process begins. Background checks have been done during finger printing. She said she could not answer for the officer who is handling my case and moreover he is not there today, but the case looks pretty straight forward. I asked her if 140 approved for CP affects the processing time frame, she said positively "NO".
Just wanted to share the experience with the good people on this board. Similar experience anyone ?

In fact, you can check with the automated voice mail of NVC and using your case (EAC) number to see whether case file went to the INS.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

to jigesh

Could you give us the nvc number. I am a novice on this subject, but does every ones application go to nvc, or just people who have opted for CP.
How do I know if i opted for CP or adjustment of status.

thanks
:)

I had checked the online message by calling the NVC number and I entered the EAC number of my I-140(approved august 2001), it said case not found. Then I selected to speak with a CSR, she could not give me much details, but she said the files are not with them any more and they have been sent to the appropriate place. She could not tell me if they were sent back to India for CP or VSC for AOS.

fisa..

Only those I-140 which were approved for CP go to the NVC.

Also, not all CP based approved I-140 files need to be requested from the NVC by the INS (BCIS) during the I-485 adjudication - I am not sure why.

NVC automated inquiry number is: 603 334-0700
Either INS-issued EAC number or NVC-issued case number would be required for status inquiry.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

DoubleGC..

Probably INS received your file as IIO mentioned to you earlier.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Could you tell me how long NVC keeps our case numbers on their automated telephone message system ? This is because when I call NVS it says "case not found". My I-140 was approved for CP in August 2001

DoubleGC...

I don't know. I also read somewhere in past (don't remember the URL - probably in the PDF document describing standard operating procedure for I-485 that someone posted on this form ) that INS/NVC has central storage facility elsewhere, too.

My I-140 was approved in Jan 2001 and is still at the NVC. Just FYI.

Thanks for you response Jigesh
was your 140 approved for CP ? If yes, did you indicate to NVC that you will be doing AOS in the US. If no, how come your I-140 is there at NVC. Could you care to share the details of your case ?

Despite my request for AOS, INS approved my I-140 for CP. After 20 days of approval, I received some package from the NVC (with new case number) requesting fees, etc. for CP. I faxed them my desire to do AOS and requested them not to forward my file to Bombay consulate. They responded to my fax and mailed me a note saying that they have noted my desire to do AOS and that they would not forward my file to the US Consulate at Mumbai. Later I checked my case status with NVC through their automated status check line and got the message that "Applicant's desire for AOS is noted.." or something to this effect. I never spoke to any officer at the NVC through phone.

Let me add that none of the above is really necessary in fact - as I learnt it later. Merely, the filing of I-485 automatically takes care of CP to AOS for CP-approved I-140.

Hope this will help.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Last edited by a moderator: