Talked to IIO at 2.35pm - 9/11..

good_desi

My RD is 8/10/01 - she said that the case is under review and refused to tell me the status of my wife's case.
Does 'under review' mean that it is assigned to an officer?
Thanks!

Desi Babu,

How did you manage to get the line? I am trying to reach them. Trying whole day yesterday, not getting the line.

I am not sure what they meant by 'under review'

Thanks,

RD - 08 /22

"under preview" could mean anything from "still sitting gaining dirt at officer's table" to "close to approval".

It all depends upon how much u rely on what an IIO says. I guess, IIO looks at the computer system and finds that file is with an officer. But whether the officer is actually working on it or not is hard to tell.

Example, I was told back in early July that case will be assigned in two weeks. I got my approval only on 8/19. Now u judge urself.

Desi Babu,

After I posted the message, I tried calling one more time and it went through.

They told me you should hear something in next 30 days. It is in Processing dept and for officer review. She advised me Extend EAD only after Oct 11th. She says I should hear something very shortly. Hope for the best.

Thanks,

RAK -

RD - 08/22

JUst Spoke to IIO

My case is Aug 3rd RD, I spoke to IIO on 9/11 and he was very nice and polite. He told me that my case was assigned to an office on 4th and an RFE was generated and he told me that the RFE letters are typed and sent to you which can take 3 to 4 weeks so be patient. My Case status does not says RFE sent and it will not untill the RFE is typed and mailed to us. I think most of the cases who are waiting for August approval they might have RFE which and waiting to be typed and mailed to them.

I was lucky i got thorugh today I have been trying to get the line since last 3 days.