talked to IIO at 10 am on 10/01/02

vengan

Registered Users (C)
Talked to a nice old lady, she said since the audit is going on she doesn't whether my case is approved or not because they cannot update the system, and the audit will be over by the end of next week and asked me to wait till the 23rd of this month and give them a call if I don't hear anything. VC123 I asked aboout my I140, they got it in July and she says everything looks fine.

RD aug 29

I have a question

How do I know whether my !140 was approved for CP ?
I looked at my 140 approval and it didn't say anything. It just says that 140 is approved and I can apply for adjustment of Status either here or CP.
Thanks in advance.

roran

I 140 is just a petition for a Immigrant worker, after approval of I 140 you can do either AOS or CP.

Hope this helps

july16:

of course your answer doesn't help,:)
I see some people claiming that their respective lawyers had files 140 for CP instead of 485 in US and this can be seen by checking the 140 approval. I am just looking if I could get a valid reason why my file is not picked up yet. In this process, I thought i would verify my 140 approval, but nothing seemed obvious.
Do any of you have any answers ?:confused:

Good news Vengan. But I still cannot figure out whether the officer to whom our case is assigned, is slow or our cases appear complicated to them. I hope we see some results on October 8,2002. Too long a wait.

Roran If your I-140 approval talks about a choice , then that is what it is. You exercised the choice for AOS and so your papers never left INS Vermont to the National Visa Center and from there to any cnsulate office. So you are fine.

Re: july16:

Originally posted by roran
of course your answer doesn't help,:)
I see some people claiming that their respective lawyers had files 140 for CP instead of 485 in US and this can be seen by checking the 140 approval. I am just looking if I could get a valid reason why my file is not picked up yet. In this process, I thought i would verify my 140 approval, but nothing seemed obvious.
Do any of you have any answers ?:confused:

ok let me make myself clear.

If you Specifically filed for CP then thats the case.

But if you Filed a regular I 140, it has nothing to do with AOS or CP. when the I 140 is approved you will be given the option of AOS or CP, I believe if you want the CP then you have to ask INS for Package 3, to file for CP.

This time I hope it helps;) :p :D

Thanks guys

This time, the info went into my dumbhead.:)
I am relieved that this is not holding up my case.
I am just wondering what will happen if some dumb person drops a whole cup of coffee on a 485 application. To cover his act, will he approve the person without any queries?
You don't have to answer this 'cos dumb people ask dumb questions:D

My case was assigned on sept 4th. She said don't panick, everything will be fine..
So guys, audit is for real!! They don't update the system until it is over, she said that specifically, may be our cases are approved by now, but we will have to wait.
VC123, the officer( with whomm our cases are) must have been on vacation.. that expains the loooooong delay.

Roran

How do you know for sure that your file has not been asssigned, have you called IIO lately.

In my case, to my surprises my file got placed wrongly with sept 2002 bunch and not with 2001, the lady then told me she will bring it back to 2001 cases. This is extreme stupidity, but this could happen. So check about this too, if you call them.

I have never called any IIO

recently. Last I called them was in March to enquire abt FP notice. If everyone have to call them to correct all those silly errors they commit(as you have mentioned), I don't think any person would be approved at the appropriate time. What I mean is, do you really think that if you hadn't called them, then you would have approved along with Sept 2002 folks ? I think they definitely would have a way of checking periodically rather than we periodically reminding them abt our case.
Correct me if I am wrong. Though I say all these, a tiny portion of my mind has been successfully scared off by your email.
:D :confused: :( :mad:
I think I will call them after the audit is over.:confused:

roran

--You don't have to answer this 'cos dumb people ask dumb questions--

I know I know

My boys are 11 and 13 and they think I am from the Dinosour age, so I believe I do fall in the Dumb Category, hence the reply.

Now coming to the cofee Issue, My brother who is a Citizen appiled for my parents GC in 1997, my Mom got her GC in 2001 my Dad's file is lost.

We tried Senators, Congressmans, Governors, Assemblymans offices no Luck, now I am wondering did the officer really spill the Cofee, and then shredded the papers????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

experts!!

when is the good time to call IIO? Will they be helpful if i call them during audit? I don't want to call them today and again next week if their reply is not useful.
I just want them to dust my file off the shelf !!
:mad:
Wondering why all my messages have ony frown faces lately ???
I will have a happy face only after approval even if you can crack a joke which will make the dumbest person in this world to ROFL
:(

Best time I guess, as per my experience is between 1:00PM and 2:00. In short around 1:30 PM in the afternoon.

When I tried in the other times, connection time is around 45 to 55 min and after connecting, the wait time for IIO, sometimes exceeded around 45 min and once never happened (even after 90 min)

But when you call in the afternoon, my experience is, connection will be less than 20 min and chance to talk to IIO after connection will be around 10 min.

Anyone had the same experience regd this?