Talked to IIO about EAD today

cxqiu

Registered Users (C)
Talked to an IIO regarding my pending EAD renewal application. He told me that it would take another month to get mine processed. Mine has RD = 10/22/02. He suggested me to go to the local office to get my current one extended at least 5 days before expiration.
I live in Dallas area. For those who have successful/unseccesful experience in Dallas, please let me know your input as to which day in the week is better, what time to get there, parking, what to bring with etc. Thanks for sharing.

Temporary EAD Card

I am also in the same boat. My ND for my EAD renewal is 11/19. My current EAD expires on 4/10. My attorney tells me that if your EAD renewal is not approved in 90 days, you can go to the local INS office to get a temporary card. Has any one done this in the Dallas office. Please share your experiences with us.

Hi, Waitfrom98:
The IIO I taked with told me to get my current one extended. I don't know what that means. He did not mention about interim EAD at all. I should have asked him about that.
You should be fine cause you have 2 more months. Mine only has 3 more weeks to go. Looks like you started yours from 98. Me too. Only wish the whole thing was over after so many years. Good luck.

Hello cxqiu

May be extending your current EAD and getting an iterim EAD probably mean the same thing. If you end up going to the local office, please do post your experience.

My friend's friend went to the Dallas INS office but they refused to give and told him to contact TSC. but this was about a month ago.
Not sure what is the current situation.

Hi EDW2002

Did your friend's friend go 90 days after his Notice date? I am hearing that if you go 90 days after EAD ND, they are supposed to issue an interim EAD.

I heard somebody got his EAD on his 2nd visit to Dallas office maybe a couple month ago. He was turned back the 1st time.

Hello waitfrom98

Yes, the person went after 120 days. he was not issued, but after two weeks he got the approval. But trying more than once may help.

Interim EAD Card

Can I get an Interim EAD Card at first time EAD application.
I applied EAD for thr first time at 10/10/02. 4 month past but
IIO still says I should wait for 1 more months.

Does any one has experience to get a Interrim EAD card at Dallas local office or TSC for the first time EAD application not for the renewal?

Thank you.

ljylzz,

My wife got her interim EAD from Houston as her first EAD (not renewal) was pending at TSC for about 100 days. At first, the officer told her that she is not eligible for the I-EAD as it was her first application, but luckily we had a letter from our attorney stating the laws and sections under which she was eligible for I-EAD. He approved her I-EAD after we showed him the letter.

hope this helps

dinnu