Talked to IIO (11/16/2000)

Bhanu Kuchibhotla

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

It was my time to call IIO yesterday. Based on various FAQ questions in the forum, I called INS and I spoke to Michael who was very friendly and here\'s the brief:

Q. My PD is 01/97, ND 02/00 and technically a visa should have been available to me and I didn\'t get a FP yet? any idea why?
A. You are right and wrong. AOSs are first picked up RD, processed second by ND and within that group of similar NDs, the earlier PDs will be processed first. Hence, though your PD is current, your AOS app will not be processed until those NDs are picked for processing.
Q. When do you see my application being picked up for FP (let alone adjudication..)
A. Most probably by July 2001.
Q. Is that estimate based on New Law PD movement?
A. NO.
Q. So it might be even quicker?
A. I don\'t know because it depend on how fast INS finishes the enormous Aug/Sep/Oct load. INS might issue regulations on this law soon.
Q. Is the load that huge?
A. Unfortunately yes for India (1) and China (2)..
Q. I have seen unusually high cases of RFEs being issued, any idea why?
A. since PDs have retrogressed so far back, INS under some circumstances issues RFE to check employment..
(Idon\'t believe this answer, however)
Q. if the company name changed, should one apply for I140 amendment?
A. It all depends, I suggest to do it especially if the company has new Tax ID.. did you company name change?
Q. I was just wondering. Thanks very much your answers and have a Happy thanksgiving Michael..
A. Thanks and the same to you sir..

That\'s all folks!!

No Title

Thanks for the info. I feel that he is atleast partly right in his answers, especially the way the INS processes appllications. Of course, I am not saying that the method is not violated, but atleast, we can see that pattern in a large number of approvals....

No Title

Thanks. However, only God really knows how INS picks up and proceed cases. I saw several couples of cases with ND from Aug. to Oct. 00 got their FP notices while lots of guys applied one year before and their PDs are now current are still waiting for FP notices.

No Title

I felt more hopefull for a quicker processing from the info that IIO gave but I agree with you that when it comes to INS, even Gos him/herself is at a loss...

Hang in there guys.. remember ONE DAY WILL BE YOURS and will be free of INVISIBLE chains..
BK

No Title

But, this IIO\'s answers are not entirely correct.
For example, I got FP notice with PD:06/99 and ND:09/00.
If he is right, you should get FP before me.

No Title

and U R absolutely right... some (or should I say most) IIO say something because they have to once they pick up the phone.. like I always say.. only god knows..

BK