Talked to an IIO - You gotta read this :)

Marc Lavoie

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I decided to call an immigration a**hole just for the fun of it!

He asked for my receipt number. I gave it to him and he said:

“It shows that your fingerprints were received”

Then I said:

“yes… and…” ( I was actually thinking, “Yes, f%#cker, that was back in January, I wanna know what you have done on my case since then”.

I then asked:

“Is my case not yet assigned to an officer?!”

He said:

“Well, it was received in October!”

I said:

“Yes, October of LAST YEAR” (I really gave it a “duh” intonation).

The f%#cker said the same old bullshit that they are currently processing June/2001 cases (I confirmed that it is RD, not ND). When I asked if he had any time frame for my case to be approved he said:

“Well, I can’t say that because things here change daily”

I said:

“Thank you. Bye-bye”.

As you can see, DO NOT waste your time calling those jerks. It would be easier if they had an automated voice system just repeating the same bullshit over and over again.

Hang in there fellows!!!

Marc

IIO

Marc,

I talked to an IIO for the first time a few minutes ago and she was awfully nice.

She said my case went to an examiner two days ago and it'll take 2 -4 weeks for a decision.

I guess it depends on whom you talk to regarding the response you get.

Hang in there.

RD - 08-17-2001
ND - 09-17-2001
FP - 04-30-2002

GS

And thats thing. Its not just with INS. SOBs are everywhere. Theres one sitting few cubes in front of me. A fella programmer. So...But everybody else in my aisle is nice,well, except one more loony, but still nice. With these INS IIO fellas(BTW, we say IIO in our language to point something unusual or strange!), I guess its the same,except they could get more annoyed by a string of calls everyhour. So no generalisation may help???

Not about being polite or nice

Sethurg,

I'm not talking about being polite or nice.

A jerk/bitch can be very polite and nice.
These INS guys are laughing at you and at your situation.

Right after that woman hung up on you, I can bet you she thought:

"Another f#%cking immigrant into this country!"

We know it, we feel it every day...

Nairji,

By the way, the SOBs are everywhere... every other cube I would say :)

Hang in there, fellows!

Marc

Marc

You are the Man Of The Day.

Your RD is very close to mine, same month. I hope yours will get approved before mine, which is scheduled to happen this December (if not, hell with NSC).

IIO

Marc,

Assuming that you are correct and the IIO thought to herself "another #$%^! immigrant", how does it matter?

I don't care what she thought. She is not adjudicating my case. I asked a question and she provided an answer and I was satisfied. End of story.

You are making a sweeping statement regarding the views of IIOs vis-a-vis immigration without any justification. That's hard to accept.

GS

Sethurg

I do not deny that some of the IIOs are nice and trying to do their job. But most of them just do not know what they are telling you and they even mislead you.

We call them because we have good questions to ask and that is our right as customers. They should have the training and system set up that can really solve our concerns.

I personally think it is a crime that they spend more than a year to approve (or deny) such simple applications as I-485. This process in iteslf is a declaration that we deserve to be abused.

And it is equally a crime that we have no other way to set it right other than lowering ourselves to kiss their shitty asses.

GCHopeless,

Good thoughts!
Make your words mine!

What makes you think that we are "scheduled to be approved" in December.
That would be really nice, but it seems like NSC gave up on working on Sept/Oct cases and are only working on August cases right now.

So it could be still another 2 months until our cases (RD Oct/2001) are approved, don't you think?

I was thinking that was God's message.

At the very beginning my lawyer said my case should be approved in 14 months.

NSC may not make it, it seems. That is their problem.

sethurg bud..I dont agree with you at all

we are paying money,providing documentation,paying TAXES..c'mon people....not using SS money,and the least people deserve is some level of insight,after 14 months into the process.
If not,then INS shd make it clear - ok guys - apply,but whatever happens,happens...
I TOTALLY AGREE with MArc and others..the IIO I spoke to said "oh - all that's out of the window"
and she was giggling.
NSC is full of red necks and hicks,who despise immigrants,and that's a fact..my friends from CA took half the amt of time to get approved (7 mos).
We are screwed..
INS allows tons and tons of law breakers,uneducated,unskilled,non-English speaking,non- US -way of life conforming people into the country,and the best category,EB based is simply subjected to anti H1-B sentiments,layoffs,and other levels of subjucation
cheers
JAck

NSC blames the processing delays on IBIS Check and Internal Audit

NSC is a horrible horrible nightmare. There is no organize pattern/way by which they process the cases.

My RD is October, 2001 as well. Cases were taking 8 - 10 months around same time last year or year before that, but it seems to me that NSC performance has dropped. Things have degraded, in terms of speedy approval of cases.

A president is supposed be "A man of his/her words". What happened to his words about "Reducing the wait for adjudication to 6 monts". I think he better spend his efforts in keeping the waiting time consistent, let alone reducing it.

But, then again, we, immigrants, are not a part of U.S. political system. President Bush is still working hard, day in and day out trying to live upto his promises that he had made to big corporations (specially oil companies) before elections.

So, I guess, "Wait & Look" is the only option we can resort to at this time. Remember the more anxious you are about the case, the more time it will take to get adjudicated (Murphy's Law)...

Thanks.

respect

Marc..

I was just as cynical at the situation couple of months' back. I myself have talked to quite a few nice IIOs. Regardless what information they have given us, they are just as human as we are. If we would like to be treated w/ respects, we need to treat others the same first.

I am frustrated and even angry w/ the system and the situation, but never at the people. We can ask our senators to push for changes, we can vote for better changes later....

For now, I ask for a fair attitude toward IIO.

-c

pcsowhat,

Is it any "human" to treat people like shit?

Is it "human" for someone to make your life stop for 2-3 years like this?

My anger is towards the whole immigration system in this country, not towards some red neck illitarate high school drop out that answers the phone for the INS.

GCHopeless, Jack, and Haraputta - you guys are awesome.
We are all in this together. Good luck to you all!

Marc

Guys,

In my previous posting I meant "illiterate", not "illitarate"...

Just thought I would make the correction before some of you guys accuse me of being illiterate, just like an IIO :)

Marc, Jack...

Marc, Jack you are right.

It may not be a right for us but a privilege to apply for GC but it's not their rights to put us through the torture chamber and the hell of joy ride.

How confused can these folks be? For instance, I sent my RFE back on Oct 8 (I am sick of even talking about it now) but till now no updates if they received it. My lawyer's paralegal resend it on Nov 12 and come back and tell me that their mail room is backlog up to 3 weeks and they are really backlog just because they spent a day at NSC. I know they are backlog but how do you explain tons of folks who had mailed in their RFE had the system updated that it has been received and some even approved!! If they are backlog as they were, shouldn't they be working on cases that has been received first?

Maybe they need time management courses or maybe hire us to get them a better IT system so that they can do their work more efficiently! If we were to do work they way they do, I guess all of us would have been fired!!

So we shall see if resending the RFE again on Nov 12 will make any difference!

Take care guys and hang in there.
BPBJHL042002

RD - 07-23-2001
ND - 08-21-2001
FP - 06-19-2002

Let me join the club guys. No update and no info from NIIO (I belive them NIIOs rather than IIOs). Nothing is happening in life except calling NIIOs, checking online status and later in the day checking AVM. Sucks........

How to break in INS busy line

Hi all, is there any shortcut to break in INS busy line? I never have a success in last three year. :mad:

I read on isn.org,from some user

"insideinfo" that NSC will resume processing of I485 only in Feb2003 ,for RDs Sep 2001 - Dec 2001.

Does anyone else have some clue/info/thots,etc otherwise??
I do not think this is credible info,but looking at NSC 's non-movement,I don't know what to believe anymore.
I am more worried abt the FP situation,as I dont know at which point NSC starts reissuing FPs - ofcourse it's not when it will expire,but some period before that..anyone has any ideas??
thanks
JACk.

for the IIO :bud - try calling just as NSC opens (8.00 am central),and keep redialling - u r bound to get some idiot.