talked to an IIO - 11/20/02

thestp

Registered Users (C)
talked to an IIO just now.

They are processing 10/01 cases right now.

According to him, my RD is 11/13/02 and it would take about 60 days to get to my case.

thestp

EAC 02-036-*****

Re: Talked with IIO

Originally posted by bobbymalik
He must have meant 60 working Days :(

60 INS days.
i don't know how to convert that. in my experience, 30 INS days is something like 3 months Earth time.
but that doesn't mean that 60 INS days is 6 months. It's not linear. It may even be less than 3 months for all i know.

Re: Re: Talked with IIO

Originally posted by dr_hangup

60 INS days.
i don't know how to convert that. in my experience, 30 INS days is something like 3 months Earth time.
but that doesn't mean that 60 INS days is 6 months. It's not linear. It may even be less than 3 months for all i know.

term "working days" only applies to those who work.
I'd like to get a job at INS. Screwing other people and getting paid for this is anything but work. It simply can't be called "working". Therefore, no "working days" for the INS anymore.

60 Working Days

I forgot to mention the CAVEAT if working "WORKING DAYS". They do work sometimes otherwise we all be sitting in our Countries ...

Anything more than 10 days is not business days.

Means 60 days not business days. If it is lessthan 10 days, means 10 business days.

Originally posted by free4all
Why not ...INS jobs be outsourced to consultants ..
This would improve in clearing the back logs ..

back logs? what cases do INS consider as back logs? are the cases past the RD date considered as back logs? I don't think INS considers anything as "back log". if INS were supposed to process each 485 cases within 6 months of RD, I don't think it has ever achieved that goal. so why do they even bother having a plan/guideline/what have you?

gosh, can you imagine if companies ran this way?

INS Motto: "we will get to it WHEN we get to it."

the only calender the INS strictly follows is the PAY DAY CALENDER.

sorry to be so negative on the INS, I, too, am getting more and more frustrated each second.

485 nh,

Never believe this IIOs. I have seen people with this type of information from IIOs, getting their approval with in days.