Taking two kids (< 5 yrs old) for fp, interview, oath

bhopo71

Registered Users (C)
Can we take our two kids with us for fingerprinting, interview or oath ?
The application is for parents. Kid ares US citizen.

They generally discourage people from bringing kids to the FP & interview. At the oath, they don't mind as it is a "special" ceremony.

Superho,

In fact I was planning to take my young kid aged 5 for my FP at Norfolk. Me & my wife will be going there together .. Do u think it's a big hastle for USCIS & why would that be ?

Thanks,

No one discourages nothing.....Thats just his opinion

This is a free country and you are welcome to take your kids to the fingerprinting. We did for FP and Interview in I-485. I dont understand why you guys need to even discuss about this. I think one of the questions in the Naturalization Interview will be about "Freedom". This country is all about freedom. Please take all the third world country mentality and throw it into a dustbin and think like a free man/woman. That is what living in this country basically means. Stand up and talk and talk freely, dont be afraid. If I was the Officer I will reject the application you filed if I heard this story becos you do not know the basic tenets of this country. "Freedom". Well thats just my opinion.

Sorry for lecturing but that really pissed me off....... :) I hope you understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to be sorry maryvams.. You are entitled to an opinion as well .Its a free country after all.. May the force be with all of us!!

My FP letter stated the following:

Warning! Due to limited seating availibility in our lobby areas, only persons who are necessary to assist with transportation or completing the fingerprint worksheet should accompany you.

This is at Norfolk.

Now, Ms. Vams. Please explain to us what that means. Please feel free to use small words so everyone can understand. Thank you.

no problem

It should not be a big deal. We took our kids (less than 5) to both FP and oath. My wife does not work and therefore the kids are not used to outsiders. The only thing is that you will be busy as there will be nothing for them to do. You need to entertain them and couple of toys will be a good suggestion. Best of luck.

JoeF said:
It has the nice little word "should"...
They can't forbid taking kids to these events. The moment they did, people would sue for discrimination, and they would be right. There are lots of people who don't have the financial means to get a babysitter, for example.

Yes; that is reflected in my original post which says "generally discourage", not "totally forbid". It seems that the gentlelady cannot grasp the nuances of language.

Superho said:
Yes; that is reflected in my original post which says "generally discourage", not "totally forbid". It seems that the gentlelady cannot grasp the nuances of language.

If it was up to CIS they will "generally discourage" you to submit the application in the first place :D :D :D
...actually on a second thought...they will "totally forbid" it
:D :D :D

JoeF said:
Not really. They rather encourage you to apply, since they get money... That doesn't mean that they will actually process the application :D

Maybe twice for N-400 like some #@*$&@^, like myself, did :rolleyes:

If I still had the GC I'll go to the the scheduled interview next month in Portland, to get my second Naturalization certificate...in fact I've paid for it, right
:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they will find your old GC information and tell you to come for a GC interview! If that happens, you HAVE to sell your story to Hollywood! May even win Oscar for best comedy... I wonder who will play the bunglers at CIS... :cool:

Superho said:
Maybe they will find your old GC information and tell you to come for a GC interview! If that happens, you HAVE to sell your story to Hollywood! May even win Oscar for best comedy... I wonder who will play the bunglers at CIS... :cool:

I think best fit for those roles are CIS employees as themselves :D :D :D