Taking lawyer to the interview

kittenKat

Registered Users (C)
I'm just wondering whether it helps at all to take a lawyer to the interview? Is there any positives or negatives to take one?

if the attorney is good, then it is worth it! I found a good attorney mostly by searching up my district court for writ of mandamus cases. downloaded like 40 of them, couple very tough that attorney won and memorize her name and contact she is representing us now.

here is where I would NOT take an attorney: if wife and husband: known each other long before married (like since childhood) and/or if already have kids.

any other situation I would take an attorney simply if IO has any doubt he/she will postpone case and obviously it will cost you more money in inquiries, ead, ap, drviing license, etc.

however if everything seems fine and attorney is present he may have a positive impact on the case.

but on the other side, stupid attorney which represented us long time ago, only stir a shit on the case, did not move anywhere even more made a mess on our case.

Thanks, Daniel! Searching district courts was very smart. I didn't even think about it.

I'm sorry for asking, but what your old lawyer did wrong so you call him stupid? I have one, but I'm not sure he's good or bad one.

Thanks, Daniel! Searching district courts was very smart. I didn't even think about it.

I'm sorry for asking, but what your old lawyer did wrong so you call him stupid? I have one, but I'm not sure he's good or bad one.

even though he was practising law for 17 years, he had only 4 years in immigration background.

he messed up some RFEs, sent wrong docs, kept the right one, total mess, thats on an organization part (everytime we came to his office he had new faces working and hiring teens to do the job).

on the law point of view, he told me weird things and stories regarding WOM that later on by doing couple-days own research turned out to be a untrue stories, showing he had no idea what he is talking about.

at one appointment he looked at all our documents, 3 years 8 months of waiting for the case being resolved all unanswered inquiries, congresman involved etc and said: "oh there is no reason for WOM, how you are going to cionvince judge you need your case to be completed, there is no way, but still if you want to I can write you a WOM it will cost you $7,500".

he had no idea what he is talking about. my new attorney is far way better, super-organized with sharp memory and aggressive approach, we feel way more confortable with her, she has 2 times more experience years-wise, and many wOM cases won, and on the top of everything... she costs us less than a previous attorney!!

I see... Sorry you had such a bad experience. I did run into really bad lawyer assistants, and the lawyer my company is using for immigration things is just.... so-so... He's EXPENSIVE though! :eek:

In my case , it didnt help at all. The company-provided lawyer was sitting idle, while the interview went on. I got the GC, without my attorney utter a word.