Taking attorney with me for GC interview

dharmender

Registered Users (C)
Hi

1.How important it to take an attorney with me while going for Green Card interview at INS (Sanfrancisco office)?

2.How exactly an attorney can help me there?

3.Do I need to take same attorney who has been handling my GC case or can i take any other attorney with me?

Thanks

Hi

1.How important it to take an attorney with me while going for Green Card interview at INS (Sanfrancisco office)?
Its totally unnecessary in my opinion. I did the whole GC process without a lawyer and never felt at any point that I needed one. The interview was a formality.

Unless you have some reason to believe that your AOS application is in jeopardy, then I don't see any reason to take a lawyer with you personally.

Hi

3.Do I need to take same attorney who has been handling my GC case or can i take any other attorney with me?

Thanks

2. an attorney can help you just by making sure that you are not maltreated :) (did i use the wrong term?) or sometimes your attorney can't help you at all.

3. If you will bring an attorney with you bring the same attorney who has been handling your GC case.

Hi

Thanks

Hi:

I have posted extensively on this topic. Please use the search function in the forum, and you should locate posts easily.

Good luck.