PD: 11/25/97
i-485 RD: 9/28/99
i-485 ND: 10/7/99
Receipt #: EAC-00-005-*****
FP: 3/15/01
RFE Issued: 4/9/01
RFE Received by VSC: 5/3/01
AD: 8/10/01

After exactly 8 years and 1 day of entering the United States, the immigration process has finally come to a logical conclusion.

When I came in to this country in 93, getting a green card was not considered an issue. After completing my MS and joining Ernst & Young, the question was whether to use the company attorneys or to use personal one. Obviously, like many other big 6 firms (they were called big 6 at that time), I wasn\'t allowed to use my own attorney. After getting approval from HR and sponsoring partner, the company attorneys took 8 months to even start the application process. The wait ended in Nov of 97 when the attorneys finally applied my labor petition. CSC was considered as worst at that time and I was happy that my application was initiated in VSC (because of New York headquaters of E&Y). In 97, labor used to take most of the time. 485 used to be a breeze.

But the fate was bad as my i-485 application was applied along with the unlucky lot of the Oct `99 cases. The agonising wait started again. VSC went from the best to OK to bad to worst. There remained no logic of the approval process. Saw scores of cases applied much after mine getting approved but I continued to wait.

So, when I finally heard the AVM this evening, "..this case has been approved..", there was really no feeling at all.

One thing I would say though that I was never exploited by my employer. The salary and position went on increasing continually. But there was always the feeling of lack of breething room. I don\'t know how I am going to celebrate. May be, not celebrate at all.

Best of luck to all others who are still waiting.

Congratulations

From one E&Yer to another - Congratulations! Did you have any issues because of the CGEY merger in your I140 / I485? What office are you based out of?

Thanks Sean Connery!!

Thanks! I am based out of San Francisco. There were no issues because of the buy out (though we prefer to call it merger). Fragomen.. took care of everything. Secondly, my i-140 and i-485 were both applied when we were still E&Y.

Thanks AC15 and sept96vsc

Thanks guys.

Yeah, my waiting time was definitely something I would like to forget about. Good luck to you guys too.

Congrats

Good luck...
I hope I too will see the end of the tunnel...
completing exactly 10th year since I entered the country (Aug 13, 1991) as an F1 student...

EB2, INDIA, PD 08/1996, RD/ND 03/2000, FP 04/14/2001
RFE 08/08/2001 (attorney office not received the RFE yet)

thanks
shanks

Thanks Shanks!!

Shanks, thanks!!

I hope you will soon see your approval. It definitely is frustating when you can\'t find logic in the approval process. At times, INS is really very quick in approving after receiving the RFE response. Though in my case, it took about 3 and half months after VSC received my RFE response. But I really hope your approval is quicker.

Hey taka-digi...

I am also a CGEYer. I noticed you had an RFE...did Michael Turnasick handle it for you? If you can share your experience about that I would appreciate it!

No Title

Yes, Michael Turansick was the partner in-charge. However, Jodi Sandler, who is one of the associates, was doing all the paper works. Also, Please note that, for all the CGE&Y related activities, Fragomen... has relocated the work to their Chicago office. The contact there is Shelly M. Principe and the phone number to call is 312-263-6101.

Let me know if you need any other information.