Sworn in - Reflections & lessons learned

emote

Registered Users (C)
2yrs [9 mos > interview] later done in Trenton city hall ceremony. 26 sworn in. as part of patriot wk they'd some associated theatrics which was entertaining & educational.

since the head of Cherry Hill INS was there i took the opportunity to voice frustration about the bizarre blackhole in which my app had disappeared .. having rcvd many letters from me & corzine's off he knew my name before i even approached him

better still had the opportunity to provide that perspective to the press [local paper & tv] esp the lack of any recourse for folks in our situation

Tips:
1] careful filing AR-11; chg in add can add 6-12 mo's; oath letter comes by normal mail which DOES get forwarded!!! I took the risk ...
2] careful of aggressive lawyers who make false promises - best i can tell is lawyers add nothing to process unless ur case is compicated. only recourse is senator [in my case they couldnt do much either]; name check & create paper trail by repeatedly sending certified letters to ins district dir with all prior comm appended

Would like to be proud of becoming an American ... I can't help noticing tho amidst this global tragedy that after spending $200Bil on a questionable war, Bush in his infinite generosity has offered a paltry $15 mil in aid to the Asian tragedy. Gentlemen - that's what we taxpayers paid for 5 hours of the war!!!

After 17yrs & over half my life on this journey, I'm now a USC.
As i signoff, my best wishes to all - Hopefully u can enjoy the journey, the destination doesn't come with a money back warranty. It'd be a tragedy to lose too much sleep over the INS bureaucrats.

Ciao

COngrats to you!!!

So changing address can delay it? Fiance is still waiting for oath ceremony, name check cleared in september, and we changed the address last month i believe.. HOw would changing address delay the oath ceremony?
Thanks.

Change of address big issue?

emote said:
2yrs [9 mos > interview] later done in Trenton city hall ceremony. 26 sworn in. as part of patriot wk they'd some associated theatrics which was entertaining & educational.

since the head of Cherry Hill INS was there i took the opportunity to voice frustration about the bizarre blackhole in which my app had disappeared .. having rcvd many letters from me & corzine's off he knew my name before i even approached him

better still had the opportunity to provide that perspective to the press [local paper & tv] esp the lack of any recourse for folks in our situation

Tips:
1] careful filing AR-11; chg in add can add 6-12 mo's; oath letter comes by normal mail which DOES get forwarded!!! I took the risk ...
2] careful of aggressive lawyers who make false promises - best i can tell is lawyers add nothing to process unless ur case is compicated. only recourse is senator [in my case they couldnt do much either]; name check & create paper trail by repeatedly sending certified letters to ins district dir with all prior comm appended

Would like to be proud of becoming an American ... I can't help noticing tho amidst this global tragedy that after spending $200Bil on a questionable war, Bush in his infinite generosity has offered a paltry $15 mil in aid to the Asian tragedy. Gentlemen - that's what we taxpayers paid for 5 hours of the war!!!

After 17yrs & over half my life on this journey, I'm now a USC.
As i signoff, my best wishes to all - Hopefully u can enjoy the journey, the destination doesn't come with a money back warranty. It'd be a tragedy to lose too much sleep over the INS bureaucrats.

Ciao
Many many congratulations!
Just a question about your claim that "chg in add can add 6-12 mo's." Could you tell us whether this was your personal experience or you just heard? Is this change of address within the same DO or different? Appreciate your insights.

Congratulations !!!

It looks like that it took more than 9 months to take oath after interview. Is this common in Cherry Hill office? I would appreciate feedback from others, who are in the same situation.

>HOw would changing address delay the ... ?
During the 2yr saga i'd 2 add changes a few miles across the distt border which 1st pushed me from newark to CH jurisdiction & 2nd time would've pushed me back to newark. Atty strongly urged not to file AR11 2nd time. he thinks even my interview was delayed due to 1st AR11 which meant moving the file over to CH. moving it back to newark could've been the kiss of death ..
oath letter comes by normal mail which DOES get forwarded unlike some other communication [eg i think the GC card gets returned not forwarded]

interestingly, they didnt bother informing either attorney or corzine of oath dt.

Ok thanks for reply... Theres only one DO here so hopefully we dont have to worry bout any of that...